Goondoo's Trial

Goondoo

its a hairy mushroom.

mine looks the same at close ups

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

you have a zoom out on the hairy mushroom? never seen one with brown spots before, much less on only some "flowers". they could be planaria flatworms.

Hi LemonLemon,

I'll take some later when the lights are on. Need to charge battery too online2long.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

Does look like it... Hmmm...

4681707556_2feccc35ae.jpg

The zoom out version.

Please advice.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

Try touching the brown area or brown spots. If the spot moves most likely its flat worms. You can use fresh water dip to remove them or coral RX.

But from the looks of it looks ok to me. Maybe someone can reconfirm

Try touching the brown area or brown spots. If the spot moves most likely its flat worms. You can use fresh water dip to remove them or coral RX.

I lost my hairy mushroom pics.... i recall some of the polyps are more brownish... some are more green.......

but noobie views...... better let the experts comment...

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

Bro can post pictures of your algae scrubber?

This were the pictures taken when I received mine. Operation wise, its just sitting on my sump tank.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

I lost my hairy mushroom pics.... i recall some of the polyps are more brownish... some are more green.......

but noobie views...... better let the experts comment...

Arrgghhh.... you guys are scaring the hell outta me! shocked.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

This were the pictures taken when I received mine. Operation wise, its just sitting on my sump tank.

wow bro.... nice scrubber......

eniram is a scrubber fanatic!

Arrgghhh.... you guys are scaring the hell outta me! shocked.gif

not me.

I am saying that your mushie is normal.

• SRC Member

Thanks bro! I do have one spare (most of us ordered 2 to get the minimum order previously). Unlikely I would set up another tank in the next one year.

PM me if anyone is keen but it would not be at a lower price for sure. So low baller buzz off devil.gif..... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

not me.

I am saying that your mushie is normal.

Haha... its ok... I was just trying to to react a little during this suspense period....

BTW, bro,

Were you the one that tried Mr. Clean Magic Eraser?

Regards,

Billy Cheong

Haha... its ok... I was just trying to to react a little during this suspense period....

BTW, bro,

Were you the one that tried Mr. Clean Magic Eraser?

creating atmosphere erh?? .. well done.. hehe......

yah.. Mr Clean!!!!

• SRC Member

creating atmosphere erh?? .. well done.. hehe......

yah.. Mr Clean!!!!

You still using it bro? I am considering of getting 1 or 2. How much did you pay for yours?

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

doesn't look like flatworms to me. i just woke up lah eye abit blurry lol. maybe get terryz to confirm with u

haha... Thanks, feel 50% better liao!

Regards,

Billy Cheong

You still using it bro? I am considering of getting 1 or 2. How much did you pay for yours?

I still have quite a number... just drop by CCK, I can pass u 2 pcs.

• SRC Member

I still have quite a number... just drop by CCK, I can pass u 2 pcs.

Cool! I go over later! To steal some frags from you can? groupwavereversed.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

Cool! I go over later! To steal some frags from you can? groupwavereversed.gif

can... before 9:00 when I bring my baby to bed.

frgas... a lot of brown ones, green ones... haha.....

haha... Thanks, feel 50% better liao!

Terryz, come in and make him feel 100% better leh :P

• Senior Reefer

goongoo, confirm not flatworms. The brown patches are just the colours of this hairy mushroom. these corals are very diverse in colours.

the photo below shows you why. some of the "flowers" have only 1 or 2 petals that are brown while others are brown fully. somehow the brown is only confined to the "flowers". so not flatworms.

terryz terryz where are u? haha.

post-15755-12759983670406_thumb.jpg

i'm not a fanatic just a reefer trying to reduce NO3 ans PO4 via other means than chemical wise.

i'm not a fanatic just a reefer trying to reduce NO3 ans PO4 via other means than chemical wise.

yeah yeah .... just like Ray is not a feeding fanatic.

• SRC Member

yeah yeah .... just like Ray is not a feeding fanatic.

wahahahahahahaaaa

Regards,

Billy Cheong