Goondoo's Trial

Goondoo

• SRC Member

goongoo, confirm not flatworms. The brown patches are just the colours of this hairy mushroom. these corals are very diverse in colours.

the photo below shows you why. some of the "flowers" have only 1 or 2 petals that are brown while others are brown fully. somehow the brown is only confined to the "flowers". so not flatworms.

terryz terryz where are u? haha.

kk.... Thanks for the assurance groupwavereversed.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I still have quite a number... just drop by CCK, I can pass u 2 pcs.

Nice to meet you in person.

Thanks for the sponges.

You've got amazing tanks!bowdown.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

Nice to meet you in person.

Thanks for the sponges.

You've got amazing tanks!bowdown.gif

Hi goon, nice meeting you too.

Sorry I had to rush to pick up my girls.

Else would love to chat more......

Hope those sponges will be useful to you.

mine is a simple tank... Thanks for the compliment....

Will keep you posted if I see nice corals suitable for you.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Hi all,

Measured my kH was 6, added 2 teaspoons Phoon Huat baking soda last night and this morning and will be testing again tonight.

One question about salinity. The refractometer given to me by the previous owner is Azoo while the salt brand I am using is RedSea. I guess it shouldn't be any issue, right?

Does refractometer have a lifespan? Or should I just get a new digital one?

Salinity measured about 1.0185 last night (using only NSW from Iwarna), added some salt and measured 1.019 this morning, added more and last measure is about 1.020.

Trying to slowly reach the recommended parameters by this weekend.

PS: I am referring to here for parameters

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

Bro, there there are cheaper alternatives to Mr Clean, can buy from supermarkets and neighbourhood chapalang stores. It is white in colour, exactly the same thing: melamine foam.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Bro, there there are cheaper alternatives to Mr Clean, can buy from supermarkets and neighbourhood chapalang stores. It is white in colour, exactly the same thing: melamine foam.

Yes bro,

I did read about those products. I heard Diaso also selling melamine foam....

But dunno if it contain contaminant like detergent etc... at least we know Mr. Clean don't... lol...

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

Hi all,

Measured my kH was 6, added 2 teaspoons Phoon Huat baking soda last night and this morning and will be testing again tonight.

One question about salinity. The refractometer given to me by the previous owner is Azoo while the salt brand I am using is RedSea. I guess it shouldn't be any issue, right?

Does refractometer have a lifespan? Or should I just get a new digital one?

Salinity measured about 1.0185 last night (using only NSW from Iwarna), added some salt and measured 1.019 this morning, added more and last measure is about 1.020.

Trying to slowly reach the recommended parameters by this weekend.

PS: I am referring to here for parameters

I just realized it is call Hydrometer :P

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

Now I got a serious problem.

I have two hydrometer now (no, that's not the problem :P)

I take water readings using both of them, they are way off!!!

The Azoo measured 1.0195,

The other one is a "Aquarium System SeaTest" measuring 1.0234.

Which one should I use??? wacko.gifblink.gifwacko.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

ermmm....y dun u get a refactometer??

Any good suggestion? How much damage would it cost me?

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

i think between 6 to 7 red notes...or u can try getting a 2nd hand one...

AM has new ones going for $68 i think:

AM Refratometer

Hope it helps :)

WAH!!!!! online2long.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

another way is to check which hydrometer is more accurate and stick to that one lor .... :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

WAH!!!!! online2long.gif

you can try to get one from reef depot..

i got mine from there..

about one blue note plus plus..

http://www.reefdepot.com.sg/

it was a good investment..

i dont trust hydrometers anymore..

had some bad experience..

but if u insist on using hydrometers,

use the swing arm type rather than the floating type..

its suppose to be more accurate...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

another way is to check which hydrometer is more accurate and stick to that one lor .... :)

Haha... great suggestion...

Likely I will stick to the Aquarium System SeaTest for now since I think its more popular?

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

you can try to get one from reef depot..

i got mine from there..

about one blue note plus plus..

http://www.reefdepot.com.sg/

it was a good investment..

i dont trust hydrometers anymore..

had some bad experience..

but if u insist on using hydrometers,

use the swing arm type rather than the floating type..

its suppose to be more accurate...

RD charge about $10 for the shipping. So it will be about the same price as AM.

Anyway, its not about the few dollars, I need to plan my purchase so I won't lose control of them.pinch.gif

Also I had to help a friend who just "migrated" to Indonesia clear his aquarium stuff in Singapore. Gave the tank away and still have lots of rubbish with me.....

Last night went over again and collected some pumps from his family and some addictive and medicine. His father told me still got more.... I need a Ikea rack soon... lol

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

News Flash

The hairy mushroom last posted had been murdered! (Well, I am not sure if it is totally dead yet, but it shrunk, refuse to open and color faded a bit).

Witness (my maid) saw a hermit crab (there is only one in my main tank), loitering around the scene of crime before the incident.

An arrest warrant had been issued.

Parameters

kH 8 (cool, baking soda ftw!)

SG 1.0235

pH to install controller this weekend :)

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

News Flash

The hairy mushroom last posted had been murdered! (Well, I am not sure if it is totally dead yet, but it shrunk, refuse to open and color faded a bit).

Witness (my maid) saw a hermit crab (there is only one in my main tank), loitering around the scene of crime before the incident.

An arrest warrant had been issued.

Suppose to be happy today, the "injured" hairy mushroom opened fully when I reach home from Ah Beng.....

Took 2 hrs to acclimatize 2 cleaner shrimps I bought. Waited till the lights off and I slowly release them.....

One of the shrimp swim right into my carpet anemone.....cry.gifcry.gif....

Why did I wait till lights off?!?!?!?! cry.gifcry.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

Don't worry about the shrimps that went into your carpet. Had 2 that behaves like clowns, hanging around the carpet

Its already consumed! cry.gifcry.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

Oh..... :poster_oops:

I've decided to put up a feeding strike for 2 weeks for chewing up my cleaner shrimp!

My $6..... cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

News Flash

Its placed in a low light low flow area right?

• SRC Member

Its placed in a low light low flow area right?

Yeah.... its opened fully already last night when I return home, think the hermit must have scare the crab out of it. So happy to see it fully opened from outside my house I forgot to remove my shoes (kena suan by my daughter because I always whine when she took off her shoe in the house).... thumbsup.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong