Is this coral good or bad

ysl

Oh oh..... if it's that bad, then how can I get rid of them?

Went to Henry that day to pick up a PO4 and he recommended me a fish (not sure the name but it looks quite ugly.....) to add into the tank. He said the fish will eat them up but till now I've not seen it eating the apitasia. In fact, it is pinching on my corals........ :(

By the way, my place is besides Queenstown MRT station.

• SRC Member

Went to Henry that day to pick up a PO4 and he recommended me a fish (not sure the name but it looks quite ugly.....) to add into the tank. He said the fish will eat them up but till now I've not seen it eating the apitasia. In fact, it is pinching on my corals........ :(

Is this the one?

seagrassfilefish1.jpg

That is a seagrass filefish. I used to have one in my office tank and it will nibble at anything and everything including aiptasia. There are several other methods to get rid of aiptasia including natural predators like peppermint shrimps, copperband butterfly and berghia nudibranch (not available in Singapore currently).

Chemical methods include squirting kalkwasser concentrate, lemon juice, boiling water or Joe's Juice into them.

Do not try to remove them manually as the broken tissue will end up spreading and spawning all over your tank!

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Thanks for the tips. Just read some similar ways you mentioned in the internet. Will see if I can get some copperband to help......... B)

Is this the one?

seagrassfilefish1.jpg

That is a seagrass filefish. I used to have one in my office tank and it will nibble at anything and everything including aiptasia. There are several other methods to get rid of aiptasia including natural predators like peppermint shrimps, copperband butterfly and berghia nudibranch (not available in Singapore currently).

Chemical methods include squirting kalkwasser concentrate, lemon juice, boiling water or Joe's Juice into them.

Do not try to remove them manually as the broken tissue will end up spreading and spawning all over your tank!

• SRC Member

get a syringe, mix some kalkwasser with a little bit of water to have a paste.

use the syringe to collect these paste and eject some on top of the apitsia.

it works for me, just remember to off your pumps or wavemaker when doing it.

caution for small volume tank, don't use too much when your tank volume is small.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Hahaha I doubt he will sell it after the kan cheong-ness he faced getting it to feed on frozen food. A word of caution though, copperbands are hard to get to feed in captivity, not impossible but you'd need patience and experience.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

siang,pass me your copperband. mine got many, can feed your coppy :friends:

hur hur...suddenly my copperband got demand...cannot lah...just managed to train it to feed on frozen mysis n brineshrimp...precious to me now....

but u can get them at CF for less than $4 lah...it's a relatively inexpensive fish n has good re-sale value if u manage to wean them to feed on frozen food and pellets....

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

my 24G nano tank will burst out with it going in hahahah =p

hopefully got a small copperband at CF.

maybe ysl, if i get it feeding at my aptisia and once done,i pass it to you (if it's able to eat)

else to clear it, you can use the http://www.aquamarin.com.sg/productsDetail.asp?productid=281 or the redsea brand ($20+) from west coast shop.

those are quite recommended by shop owern (which i dont like to inject this inside my small tank)therefore trying to use predators like copperband to kill it

• SRC Member

my 24G nano tank will burst out with it going in hahahah =p

hopefully got a small copperband at CF.

maybe ysl, if i get it feeding at my aptisia and once done,i pass it to you (if it's able to eat)

else to clear it, you can use the http://www.aquamarin.com.sg/productsDetail.asp?productid=281 or the redsea brand ($20+) from west coast shop.

those are quite recommended by shop owern (which i dont like to inject this inside my small tank)therefore trying to use predators like copperband to kill it

got la...cf got small ones...but call first lah b4 u go down...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Anyone know if RB has any copperband? Called SL but they only left 1....... :P

last thurs i went to RB...saw quite alot...but its already passed one week...beta call them b4 u go down tomorrow...

wah...suddenly, demand for copperband go up...hur hur... :eyebrow:

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Anyone know if RB has any copperband? Called SL but they only left 1....... :P

AM has one left only when i went down ytd... Better go quick or call them to check! :thumbsup:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

Had this in my tank in the past, and it's all gone.

What I did was use a syringe and hot boiling water . target syringe with hot water and inject directly above it .

Sometime it may take more than 1 time to eradicate it .