Led dilemma

w3ish3ng

• SRC Member

Rapidled based in US?

Hi James...

I think they are based in US....

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Check on their web is based in US, shipping within US fee only US$6.

Obtained some info....

The freight charges are varies according to shipping location and weight....

Any import taxes on the shipping country will be bear by buyer....

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

Obtained some info....

The freight charges are varies according to shipping location and weight....

Any import taxes on the shipping country will be bear by buyer....

Im checking with a bro frm freshwater forum regarding the fee who brought retrofit kit frm rapidleds.

Get back to you once he reply.

Cheers

Passion in reefing!

youtube.com/watch?v=qExn-l-t5a4

youtube.com/watch?v=z6LNPWec5zA

• SRC Member

will wait for news from you. hope the price isnt that exp.

but which dimmable driver should i go with?

those pwm type or voltage type?

It depends...

My personal comment is using D type which is more easy to design...rather than PWM mode.

Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

Im checking with a bro frm freshwater forum regarding the fee who brought retrofit kit frm rapidleds.

Get back to you once he reply.

Cheers

hi bro..

Let's wait for your link feedback as well....

Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

bro, you got any graph to show about the dimming thingy?

if i go for the D type, it will be those manual tuning type right?

Hi bro....

The dimming can be manual or through circuit.

Of course manual will be simple while using some circuit would require some DIY....

For the graph, what do you mean by that?

Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

is there any site or something where i can know how to make a circuit or something? mind to share?

Hi bro...

I think there should be but i have not really search yet....cause I still have not decide what types off control to implement for the dimming function.

Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

had just place the orders for the driver and leds

2x meanwell 1050 driver at 26usd each

1x artic silver thermal adhesive at 14usd

25x xp-g r5 leds at 6.50 usd each

sadly rapidled does not ship heatsink internationally, thus i will just get a 8" by 8" alu plate for it

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

had just place the orders for the driver and leds

2x meanwell 1050 driver at 26usd each

1x artic silver thermal adhesive at 14usd

25x xp-g r5 leds at 6.50 usd each

sadly rapidled does not ship heatsink internationally, thus i will just get a 8" by 8" alu plate for it

Aiya, if you say early i tonbang my drivers too.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

Receive a reply frm the bro. delivery charge depends on the package, he order retrofit kit and some component, the shipping fee is abt US$30.

Passion in reefing!

youtube.com/watch?v=qExn-l-t5a4

youtube.com/watch?v=z6LNPWec5zA

• SRC Member

Receive a reply frm the bro. delivery charge depends on the package, he order retrofit kit and some component, the shipping fee is abt US$30.

will let you guys know about mine as well.

ordered 1 thermal paste and 2 driver, delivery was charged as 15usd. lets see when it arrive. =)

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

will let you guys know about mine as well.

ordered 1 thermal paste and 2 driver, delivery was charged as 15usd. lets see when it arrive. =)

Hi bro...

Good....

Me will be loading soon as well.... :ThanxSmiley:

Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

leds are on the way.

driver are on hold now.

anyone know if i can run meanwell dimmable driver without a controller? meaning i just run it as normal driver for the time being as my controller wont be in until 1-2 months later.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

leds are on the way.

driver are on hold now.

anyone know if i can run meanwell dimmable driver without a controller? meaning i just run it as normal driver for the time being as my controller wont be in until 1-2 months later.

Hi bro...

What do you mean by driver on hold?

Did you order already or due to stocks they on-hold it?

The dimming function is by using a forward voltage drive to that pin, you can refer to the specs.....

Don't think you can just drive the driver without having voltage at that pin....

HI LED gurus....

Do feel free to comments....

Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

Hi bro...

What do you mean by driver on hold?

Did you order already or due to stocks they on-hold it?

The dimming function is by using a forward voltage drive to that pin, you can refer to the specs.....

Don't think you can just drive the driver without having voltage at that pin....

HI LED gurus....

Do feel free to comments....

there was some issue on my driver as rapidled put my shipment on hold as they do not send heatsink oversea, and it took them 3-4 days before replying me. so i told them to just refund me the whole amount first while i decide whether to go for dimmable or the normal driver.

if i cant run a dimmable without the controller for now, i would just go for the normal driver.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

there was some issue on my driver as rapidled put my shipment on hold as they do not send heatsink oversea, and it took them 3-4 days before replying me. so i told them to just refund me the whole amount first while i decide whether to go for dimmable or the normal driver.

if i cant run a dimmable without the controller for now, i would just go for the normal driver.

Hi bro...

I see....

Thought due to some other issue cause the shipment delay....

Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

Hi bro,

Just replied your PM :cheers: .

Yes. you still can use the dimmable meanwell LED driver (D and P series) by just connecting the dimmable pin to 9vdc adapter or any controllable power supply (not exceed 10vdc) :whistle .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

just called smsystem

they only have stock for lpc-60-1750 going at 40 each but too strong for my bulbs. 1050 have to pre order and estimated time will be 8-16weeks

Bro,

Can help me order 2 x Mean Well LPC-60-1050 constant current driver if you ordering again please?

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

Just replied your PM :cheers: .

Yes. you still can use the dimmable meanwell LED driver (D and P series) by just connecting the dimmable pin to 9vdc adapter or any controllable power supply (not exceed 10vdc) :whistle .

thanks bro for your advise.

can i get a 12vdc adapter instead to run the 2 driver in parallel? as the guy who will be doing my controller recommended 12 vdc adapter.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg