peacemaker's pico tank~

peacemaker

• SRC Member

All I can say is the IQ3 is definitely not user friendly for reefers with big hands! Such a tight squeeze in the filter compartment. Also, once your hand goes in, water comes out, so you immediately transform it into a zero edge tank! :upsidedown:

For the IQ3, its more like the other way round, selecting the right stuff to put into the tank, rather than the usual setting up of equipment to cater to the stuff you want.

Give me more suggestions on fish options! I have 2 sexy shrimp and an anemone crab. Might swap it for a pom pom if I ever come across one.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

All I can say is the IQ3 is definitely not user friendly for reefers with big hands!

It is shallow enough to use chopsticks! LOL.

Very nice pics btw, forgot to mention earlier. I'm surprised the yumas hold up so well in the IQ3. :bow:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

All I can say is the IQ3 is definitely not user friendly for reefers with big hands! Such a tight squeeze in the filter compartment. Also, once your hand goes in, water comes out, so you immediately transform it into a zero edge tank! :upsidedown:

For the IQ3, its more like the other way round, selecting the right stuff to put into the tank, rather than the usual setting up of equipment to cater to the stuff you want.

Give me more suggestions on fish options! I have 2 sexy shrimp and an anemone crab. Might swap it for a pom pom if I ever come across one.

Ah beng had pom pom.......but its gone

• SRC Member

It is shallow enough to use chopsticks! LOL.

Very nice pics btw, forgot to mention earlier. I'm surprised the yumas hold up so well in the IQ3. :bow:

Haha... I bought those plastic tongs. Very handy, but I wished it was a tad bit longer.

I tried zoas, but the stock LED lights are definitely not strong enough. My yumas didn't do very well with strong lights in my office tank (ie LEDs & T5 HOs) so I figured they should do better in the IQ3. I guess it turns out well so far!

• SRC Member

A mushroom tank!! Peace, I honestly felt so excited to see you starting one yourself. Haha, I've tried countless times but in the end my mushrooms start to melt away. Hope the mushies fill up your tank quickly.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Nice tank. The light output looks strong and good.. what was the modification like haha.

as said in mitlancer's thread.. i feel more safe using an IQ5 ><

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• SRC Member

Thanks bro! No modifications were done to the lights. I simply bought the marine version. It has a slight blue hue to it, making it more pleasing to the eye for a marine setup.

I'm also looking forward to the IQ5, rated at 13 liters (IQ3 = 6.5 liters). I'm guessing it should approx. be the size of a 1ft cube? Also, I think it comes with a better and programmable LED lights. According to Dymax personnel, it should be released around the 4th quarter this year.

• SRC Member

Thanks bro! No modifications were done to the lights. I simply bought the marine version. It has a slight blue hue to it, making it more pleasing to the eye for a marine setup.

I'm also looking forward to the IQ5, rated at 13 liters (IQ3 = 6.5 liters). I'm guessing it should approx. be the size of a 1ft cube? Also, I think it comes with a better and programmable LED lights. According to Dymax personnel, it should be released around the 4th quarter this year.

it should be still only be about half the volume of a one feet cube.

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• SRC Member

I just bought an Elongated Dottyback yesterday from Ah Beng's. Its a very sweet looking fish! Very actively exploring the tank now. With its streamline body, it can easily maneuver around small crevices and rock work. I'm loving it! :wub: If anyone has more information on this fish, pls kindly share?

Elongated Dottyback

post-13914-059239600 1279436729_thumb.jp

I just bought an Elongated Dottyback yesterday from Ah Beng's. Its a very sweet looking fish! Very actively exploring the tank now. With its streamline body, it can easily maneuver around small crevices and rock work. I'm loving it! :wub: If anyone has more information on this fish, pls kindly share?

Elongated Dottyback

I saw it on friday too.. It is my favorite small sized dottyback.. Very seclusive fish... But cannot keep two, will kill each other.. Peaceful with other fishes..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

I saw it on friday too.. It is my favorite small sized dottyback.. Very seclusive fish... But cannot keep two, will kill each other.. Peaceful with other fishes..

I think like most dottybacks, it is a little aggressive. I saw it disturbing the sexies. Well, I wouldn't mind keeping it in place of the shrimps though...

• Senior Reefer

Elongated Dottyback

good buy. one of the more overlooked dottybacks.

• Senior Reefer

And I thought you would say it is ugly...

hahaha! why would i say that?

ok lah it's not the nicest dottyback... but it's cute and unique. not something i would buy for myself though. one of the most peaceful dottybacks to be kept with other fish though

not my kind of fish

hahaha! why would i say that?

ok lah it's not the nicest dottyback... but it's cute and unique. not something i would buy for myself though. one of the most peaceful dottybacks to be kept with other fish though

not my kind of fish

LOL... Becos every fish I like, you would say ugly.. LOL..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Lol... each of us have our different tastes. Plenty of fish in the ocean for everyone! :friends:

yup.

the elongated dottyback is quite common in ahbeng. i've attempted to pair them before and was successful. but sold both away after awhile.

• SRC Member

I wished the red mushies could open a little bigger, but they remain tiny. Not too much a complaint though, since space is a constraint for this tank.

I've glued the GSP to the bottom of the tank. Hope in due season, it will carpet the bottom.

post-13914-037818600 1279938011_thumb.jp

post-13914-010637300 1279938014_thumb.jp

post-13914-023590500 1279938015_thumb.jp

post-13914-083858300 1279938017_thumb.jp