WTB Pods

xersion

• SRC Member

Just suck out using a syringe or turkey basker...

Bro, on a 6 footer no joke leh....

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

Oh ya... LOL... Forgotten about it... LOL...

Is there any commercial solutions to harvesting of pods? Would be pretty interesting.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

Is there any commercial solutions to harvesting of pods? Would be pretty interesting.

It depends whether the pods that you are culturing are benthic or harpacticoid... For benthic, you can wipe them off with a sponge or siphon them out they are on the walls... For harpacticoid, you will have to siphon them as they are free swimming...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

It depends whether the pods that you are culturing are benthic or harpacticoid... For benthic, you can wipe them off with a sponge or siphon them out they are on the walls... For harpacticoid, you will have to siphon them as they are free swimming...

both i also got so by saying siphon out will be hard for that

think have to see whether is there a way to trap them?

when i clean my algae scrubber there's also lots of pods but have to go together with the algae

both i also got so by saying siphon out will be hard for that

think have to see whether is there a way to trap them?

when i clean my algae scrubber there's also lots of pods but have to go together with the algae

Think there is no way to trap them as of yet.. But they are attracted to lights in the dark... So can work around that...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

OK i know how liao i can place a fine net under my algae scrubber outlet and after a week it should be able to collect pods of certain size of the net hole

WAH! Idea leh.....

but the bigger pods will stay on the net for one week waiting for you meh? lol

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• SRC Member

u been to my place right and saw the big pods under my algae scrubber black sponge??

think it'll stay there for awhile as long there's food source supply

Yeah! But not on a net mah.... lol....

Maybe you can sell your mesh by square inch next time.... w00t.gifw00t.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

ya i still have a lot of left over i can just place in the net as well and put a few pellets in the mesh and get the pods to go inside

But true enough selling it's not my point but a token of sps frag will be nice

• 3 weeks later...