Open Brain Coral

spycoool

• SRC Member

Hi bro, open brain, or trachyphyllia, is relatively easy to keep and not very light demanding. They can be put on the sand bed or even partially shaded areas with low to moderate flow. The one time I had an open brain die, it was exposed to direct blasting from the wavemaker on top of my cleaner shrimps digging it open for digested food :poster_oops:

In addition to good water parameters, feed it fleshy food like bits of market prawn or mysis once a week (usually rows of feeding tentacles will extend near night time), and it will be enough to keep it happy.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Hi bro, open brain, or trachyphyllia, is relatively easy to keep and not very light demanding. They can be put on the sand bed or even partially shaded areas with low to moderate flow. The one time I had an open brain die, it was exposed to direct blasting from the wavemaker on top of my cleaner shrimps digging it open for digested food :poster_oops:

In addition to good water parameters, feed it fleshy food like bits of market prawn or mysis once a week (usually rows of feeding tentacles will extend near night time), and it will be enough to keep it happy.

_______

I tried feeding my open brain for the first time last night and it looked very satisfied after eating.

+1

Main Tank: 3ft x 2ft x 2ft

Sump Tank: 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft

Overflow Pump: 4500 l/hr

Lighting: T5 HO Metal Halide

Wavemaker: MP40w

Skimmer: BK Mini 200

Chiller: Arctica DBM-250 1/3hp

Phosphate Reactor: TLF Phosban 150

Hi bro binosage, u mean open brain coral cannot be place near or areas with high water flow? Is it okay to epoxy them on rocks? I'm thinking of getting one after my tank is done with the cycling process so got to learn more first. :ThanxSmiley:

Hi bro binosage, u mean open brain coral cannot be place near or areas with high water flow? Is it okay to epoxy them on rocks? I'm thinking of getting one after my tank is done with the cycling process so got to learn more first. :ThanxSmiley:

____

Hi OooFishFish bro, my open brain is currently epoxy-ed on a rock with directly lighting.

As for water flow, my wavemaker is not directly blowing at the open brain.

• Like 1

Main Tank: 3ft x 2ft x 2ft

Sump Tank: 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft

Overflow Pump: 4500 l/hr

Lighting: T5 HO Metal Halide

Wavemaker: MP40w

Skimmer: BK Mini 200

Chiller: Arctica DBM-250 1/3hp

Phosphate Reactor: TLF Phosban 150

____

Hi OooFishFish bro, my open brain is currently epoxy-ed on a rock with directly lighting.

As for water flow, my wavemaker is not directly blowing at the open brain.

That's good, so i can put at an angle on the rock since can epoxy n anywhere without much wave. cool. :eyebrow: haha Thanks for ur reply!