Pls help me not to start a Marine Tank

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I am also thinking of decomm my tank. currently only left with 2 clowns. But with me for 6 years liao. Can bear to decomm them. Sigh.

So if you don't want to decomm later, then don't start. Good enough reason?

:chair:

what happen bro? WHy gave up?

Reefing is really a long process.

Everyone enjoy the setting up and buying stuff to add to the tank but will lose interest when in the maintiance stages.

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

what happen bro? WHy gave up?

Reefing is really a long process.

Everyone enjoy the setting up and buying stuff to add to the tank but will lose interest when in the maintiance stages.

I guess it's really having kakis in this hobby. When I started my first tank there was a whole gang of friends and colleagues doing the same. Even went to LFS during lunch time. And of course, with SRC support, much discussion and knowledge transpired hence keeping the passion alive. Eventually all the kakis left the marine field. Worst still when my chiller stopped working one day, forcing me to off my MH. Then the corals started to die off, then my inverts, then filefish, then my 5 yr old YT. So now left with 2 clowns. sigh...

So now contemplating if should decomm or downsize. Maybe go for nano. haha.

• SRC Member

It is very common to c reefers in and out

of tis hobby.

maybe due to lack of knowledge or impulse buying

of exp livestock and equipment.thue ended up broke :chair:

I think is best to stick to one;s limit and be happy

with your tank..

To me, Big or nano reef tank look great and nice :P

• SRC Member

I guess it's really having kakis in this hobby. When I started my first tank there was a whole gang of friends and colleagues doing the same. Even went to LFS during lunch time. And of course, with SRC support, much discussion and knowledge transpired hence keeping the passion alive. Eventually all the kakis left the marine field. Worst still when my chiller stopped working one day, forcing me to off my MH. Then the corals started to die off, then my inverts, then filefish, then my 5 yr old YT. So now left with 2 clowns. sigh...

So now contemplating if should decomm or downsize. Maybe go for nano. haha.

i feel the same too, Kaki are very important, can cheong together and talk the same things.

I left 3 yrs ago after keep shrinking the tank size from 4 ft to Red sea Max.

Bad news, I am back again. Jus bought a 3 ft tank from Iwarna, chiller and skimmer.

No money for the rest so the start up will be dead slow till dec...

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

i feel the same too, Kaki are very important, can cheong together and talk the same things.

Bad news, I am back again. Jus bought a 3 ft tank from Iwarna, chiller and skimmer.

haha, so I guess this thread is now redundant? Anyway, congrats on your decision.

:groupwavereversed:

• SRC Member

Start a nano for a beginning.

Easier to maintain. Cost is really up to oneself to limit.

For me, after initial higher start up cost of tank, i set a budget every month for livestock or coral.

This is to control my spending.

I dont think i will get bored of looking at fishes swimming around and coral swaying around.

In fact, i spend most of my time after work looking at fish tank and start planning.

There is always room for improvement.

Wife watch drama and i watch fish tank.

• SRC Member

:welldone: Welcome to the 'PLEASUREDOME' !!! :eyebrow: