weileong's 4ft tank

weileong

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use inferior equipments and end up produce lousy pictures you waste your time.

Now you use premium equipment and produce good images. You don't waste your time but stays productive.

The time spend is the same and in fact IMO with premium equipment you spend lesser time, lesser frustration, lesser effort to keep tweaking the equipment. End up still better image and lesser white hair :P

Got burn by some lower end equipment before so I know :P

start with b... n four letters in his nick..?

hehe..

my volunteer for help is only to look look c c n lim kopi..

I sprain my wrist.. still not recover fully yet.. some more reservist coming this Jan.. lucky one week, ask wife to take care of my fishy liao..

As of 25th Dec 2003

Cycling in progress.

Ammonia = 0.5ppm

Nitrite = 0.3ppm

I think these existing ones I've is not so accurate but think okie to use for the time being. Don't need to know exact reading but just need to see when they are reducing. Will have to get some salifert testkits.

post-34-1072328539.jpg

hi , may i know how you get those worms and crabs or pest from your LR?

Prepare a saltwater with salinity of 1.030 to 1.040.

Dip the LR in the saltwater for 1 min.

The worms and crabs will either drop into the container or be crawling out. Then you can just pick them out one by one.

Same for this tank, throw in prawn and no smell after 2 days so I throw in big lump and next morning immediately got smell. Got smell means confirm got ammonia so I removed some of the prawn and left some inside.

After I removed, then the smell is gone the next day. Now I test ammonia and got reading already means cycling in progress, I think the livesand and LR helps a lot.

EV-240 in action (test run).

Before that test run for 2 days and no foam produced.

Thought pump not strong. Using Ocean free 9000 (4500 l/h flow rate) which is actually the SEN 900 recommended by aquaC.

This evening troubleshoot and found the water inject choked by 2 pcs of silicon, ~!@#$%^&*().

After removing them, here's the foam I got. Phew what a great difference.

The water returning back to the sump is ultra noise like water fall, have to find some ways to solve it.

post-34-1072355976.jpg

The only equipment on during the cycling stage is the return pump and internal circulation pump (replacing with tunze later).

The DSB is 6", is that too thick?

If go thinner then I cannot reach the bottom already, guess this is best of both world for me.

I arrange my rock work in such a way that it is pretty hollow and not all packed with LR inside the landscaping to maximise the DSB surface area.