weileong's 4ft tank

weileong

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jam packed my refugium with all types of macro algae small, medium, large fern. The thin hairy type fern also. grape, brown ones etc etc. But they can't seems to push the PO4 below 0.5ppm. I running 2x36W PL in the 1ftx1ft refugium. Maybe I need a larger refugium.

Very happy with the performance of the Rowaphos. Didn't even turn my water brown cos the filter capture all of it as it turn dark brown so I leave it there until the PO4 starts to increase again.

Now considering getting carbon to help on the nitrate while my DSB matures.

• SRC Member
Measured the kH and it is about 5-6 dKH. pH 8.25

Dosed coralife carbonate hardness controller.

Then pH start to drop to 8.16.

Will continue to dose until kH reach 9-10 dKH.

We Leong,

You have a beautiful tank set up.

As I am new to this forum and do not know how hong you have been into this hobby, I have a few comments based on my own experiences and research.

You have too many clown species in your tank, i am sure they will fight if not now later. I also noticed that you are keeping tough corals, like tubrestra, goniopora and a flame scallop. It will be difficult to keep these for more than 6 months especially the last two as most hobbyist share the same fate. What do you feed these corals with? I would like to know as I would like to keep them successfully.

My friend's tubrestra (sun coral) and scallop die a slow death after 6 months but gonio still surviving. Gonio in most cases will slowly begin to shrink. tentacles will become shorter and shorter and just disappear. I am here to share experiences with you not to criticise you, please don't feel offended, that's how we learn through sharing and a forum like this.