weileong's 4ft tank

weileong

I am dosing DT every night.

Those coral you mentioned actually are transferred from my old 100litres tank. That type newbie dunno so bought wrongly. I guess this is a mistake made by many newbie.

For sun coral you need to target feed them every night. Take it out of the tank, put mysis then stirr and they will eat it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
I am dosing DT every night.

Those coral you mentioned actually are transferred from my old 100litres tank. That type newbie dunno so bought wrongly. I guess this is a mistake made by many newbie.

For sun coral you need to target feed them every night. Take it out of the tank, put mysis then stirr and they will eat it.

Thanks for your feedback. You guys across the border (Me from KL) have access to a lot of goodies which we can't find here and most LFS know nuts about mysis shrimps, DT live and sprayed dried and cyclop-eeze products. Difficult to get these stuff in KL, only recently a local LFS bought some live DT plankton and cyclop-eeze products from Singapore.

For the sun corals which must be individually fed, it must be quite troublesome to take it out for feeding everynight. Wouldn't it be stressed? I got mine for about 2 months, I used DT plankton live and sprayed dried and cyclop-eeze and some of my own frozen shrimp concoctions to feed this and other corals, so far so good, but not sure in the long term, but keeping a close watch, not sure the sun coral will survived in the long term.

mysis shrimps.... you know those chinese eat the "prawn paste". You mixed it with lime. Those tiny little prawns.

They comes in a bottle and a little pinkish in color. But of course for fishes we get those unprocessed frozen ones.

Hariki has the frozen mysis shrimps.

http://www.eaquanature.com/store/product_i...products_id=531

• SRC Member
can catch from the beach one.

During high tide, take a fine net and scoope then get liao. Changi beach used to have lots of them not sure now still have or not.

Thanks guys, you all have been of great help, I got an idea what it is. Will look out for baby "Chin" char lok!

found these in my sump, some kind of snail, must have came with the algae rock. I think feeding on my algae.

Very white in color so I had to reduce exposure so as not to saturated in the photo.

Please help to ID. Not sure harmful or not!

Can see 2 babies on the body too!

post-34-1076427904.jpg

Conductivity meter is not ORP meter. That meter is multifunction one, pH/ORP/COND but need to buy the correct probe for each parameter.

There is another model that can measure Ion eg, Ca,NO3,NH3,Cl,F,Cynaide etc etc.

Conductivity can be used to measure Salinity by doing some conversion. Again depends on temp but this one already temperature compenstated :P

but how come the reading is 174 and u say orp is 174 leh?

should be conductivity is 174 right? :)

"A conductivity meter measures the ionic conductivity (or conversly, the

resistance) of a liquid. The number it gives can not directly be related to " taken from the net...first time i see conductivity meter...hehe

so i go check net..hehehe

but how come the reading is 174 and u say orp is 174 leh?

should be conductivity is 174 right? :)

That one in ORP mode so that's why I say ORP is 174mV.

Conductivity usually shown in Simen which is the SI unit.

No money buy ORP meter so borrow for testing and "site-survey" see suitable for reef tank or not :P

Did a stock check today.

1 red anthias mia

2 purple fire goby mia

2 red fire goby mia

1 skunk shrimp dead, was still kicking last night

yellow, green and clown goby also mia - think those damn crabs got them.

Either the last 3 hiding or mia, I checked the tank surrounding never see dry fish.

Probably will only try these goby when my new 2ft cube Seahorse tank is ready, then I will cover the top of the tank with egg crates then cut a hole for the 150W MH.

The rest of the fishes and shrimps still alive and kicking.

My pair of skunk clowns finally decided to venture out from the corner of the tank and host on my BTA.

My yellow tang after 1.5 months finally started to take frozen mysis shrimps *phew*, before that only takes norti.

PBT after 3rd week in my tank still refuse to eat but can see it is less stress now and started to graze on the LR almost non-stop and stop swimming from left to right, right to left of the tank. I think got chance already.

• SRC Member

wow so many fishes MIA huh, my tank also got crabs and I suspect a huge mantis shrimp(heard loud clicking sounds, about 5 clicks consecutively) dunno will get my new blenny anot... worried

Live and Let Live

clicking sound caused by turbo snail is it? I got them too!

I suspect the anthias and fire goby jump out of the tank.

The other 3 goby kanna from the crab. I've so far removed at least 10-15 crabs from the chicken essence method. I still see a few more damn crabs inside.

Not adding anymore fish or LS for the moment and waiting for tank to stablise down :P Maybe talking abt 4-5 months.

• SRC Member

oh, is the chicken essence bottle trap really efective? tried a few times never catch any... but I squished one with my bare fingers when I caught it on my goniopora... crushed, pulverized!! wohoo... felt very powerful at that instance hahahah

Live and Let Live