weileong's 4ft tank

weileong

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
The purple is more expensive then the fire.... :blink: Always thought was the other way round.... :lol:

Agree!!

Maybe because Purple can only be kept singly in a tank. Hence, have to charge more to make up the different.

under 2x250W phoenix 14kk + 1x150W BLV blue.

Seems like I can retire the 150W BLV blue and save some electricity bill.

My 2x250W BLV are coming to 9 months old and the new bulbs are indeed a lot brighter although the PAR is lower.

Can't really see from the photo but with the additional 150W BLV blue on, the tank is much more blue.

Hmm your fishes seem alot bigger than your corals... especially acro.. wun it be abit inpoportional

Anyway these are pretty common but very fun to watch. Once you start to feed the goby will wait at the entrance to their den. Then it will bring in the food if it floats pass their den. Then you see the pistol dig the hole, carry out large pc of rocks etc. But if your sandbed only have #0 then no such fun to watch it do it's job :P Only can see it "kick" out the sand.

• SRC Member

oohh..i think i know where

wahaha

mine carry sand even though its grade 0..

they carry more than kick leh.....

but they are sure cute...but my pistol sometimes will pinch my other gobies..then got love bite...one red patch..then 1-2 days later no more..

:D

• SRC Member
You sure the piston is blind?? I go near the tank and it disappear into the hole :P I think they got poor eyesight only. Mine also pass the mysis to the piston.

what you forget to notice is their long atennae is constantly toucing the goby's body and tail.....with one "flick" the binld shrimp runs in the burrow....maybe with two "flicks" mean something else and so forth..... :D

• SRC Member

i got 2 pairs...

but wan to sell one pair away..u wan?

i kept them in my ref....converted it from a macroalgae tank to a goby tank..

then shifted my algae to my sump...

very cute and only comes out when i on my lights...cos i usually feed them immediately after i on lights

whahah