weileong's 4ft tank

weileong

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

of course AT's tower of doom is a killer but look at the *$&#* workmanship on the barr aquatics unit. i'm breathless. makes me wonder why waste time DIY, why not spend money and pamper myself ;)

dun we all buy useless spoilers or car rims? i'm reconsidering!!! <_<

• SRC Member

heyo!!

why so long then up and firing!!!!

inefficient leh!!

whahah

i awaiting eagerly for my new sump and single tower too!!!

can see my single tower tomorrow alr...!

hahahahahah

bro, wow so "early" still not asleep?

You know lots of work to be done. I had to redo the PVC from the skimmer return. Connect up the MX-70 etc. Add more saltwater, make sure no leak from the skimmer etc.

Luckily I see that my sump still can support the higher volume of water from this skimmer :P But a new sump will be coming soon as the crazy flow rate from the MX-70 is causing a lot of micro bubbles in the main tank now.

Anyway when you receive yours I see how fast you can fire it up. Wow kinda of like the who wants to be a millionaire game show lol.

• SRC Member

me ah?

i dun know..

i dun think my current sump can tahan the backflow if power cuts off

urs can ah?

i tot ur sump filled to the brim one?

urs double leh..sure more water flow..

mine?

can see tomorrow but setup later cos awaiting for new sump..

my tank now skimmerless....threading on danger ground..and very little LR....

my new plan is Clean look...few rocks...but more sand bed area for corals...and hope my single Beckham..paiseh...Beckett can run well...

sleeping time..

happy tuning with your new toy pal!

• SRC Member

Bro Weileong,

I'm curious to know if there is any difference in performance (skimmate), if you pipe all your mx-70 output to one beckett versus splitting into 2 beckett.

You can do this experiment easily right? Since you have individual valve to control the flow for both.

I'm curious to know if there is any difference in performance (skimmate), if you pipe all your mx-70 output to one beckett versus splitting into 2 beckett.

density of bubble output?? :huh:

but the point of connection will kink or not, as i draw below....

Roidan, pls see the photo that I attached, I used metal chain to support the whole structure so it will not kink :P See the blue arrow in the photo.

Wow sia!! Can serve latte directly from you skimmer next time.

Black black kopi-O already skimmed but I was a afraid of overflow if I set the water level too high so I just redirect the drain pipe back to the sump. Have lowered the water level for dryer skimmate :P I know your beckett also arrived, faster hook it up and serve pple kopi-O :P

Patrick and Deepblue, I've tried to just run one beckett off the MX70 and it seems that spitting it and running two beckett gives a higher bubble density. I say this because the "water level" is higher but that was when I just installed it and the skimmer has not kicked in yet.

After that I went to try it again and seems like running off one beckett really gives lower bubble production. Since I already have two beckett I will just run both :sick: The hissing noise from the air ###### is quite loud :P

post-34-1086755688.jpg