Can keep Yellow tang & Purple tang together

can...but they sure fight....you will need to introduce a bigger and healthy PT so as it will weather the initial harressment by the earlier established one. Place a mirror on the side to help distract the YT as well......

I just recently introduce my PT ....worked....but make sure your PT is well quarantined and healthy...I kept mine in a qtank for weeks....

and they are now swimming happily after the 1st couple days of fighting

hehe...my tangssss....

post-6-1072355060.jpg

• SRC Member
IMO, it depends.... sometimes, if you are lucky, they don't fight... but for mine, they fight initially but now they are living happily together with the occasion of chasing each other out of their caves....

attached is a picture of my YT and PT....

yours a 2 footer? nice scaping..nice tank..wth nice fishes!

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

So is it 'safer' to have a YT and a BT instead? :P

Yes, but how big is your tank, BT can grow up top ard 1 feet and IMO need very huge tank. If you have a big tank let say 4-5feet, the BT IMO should be added first then the YT as BT is way nmore docile.

hey if your tank is small idea of keeping 2 zebrsoma species of tangs is definately a bad idea and pls dun try it out.

actually, quite true lah.........that's why I'm letting go a few tangs soon....to create space for a couple of my favourite tangs.... :nc:

when it gets a bit crowded....you'll see the weaker and mild ones has frequent fin damages.... :o

they are not less aggressive than angel fishes actually....... :huh:

Note; Anthias can be territorial and aggressive to one another too if they failed to school together

actually, quite true lah.........that's why I'm letting go a few tangs soon....to create space for a couple of my favourite tangs.... :nc:

when it gets a bit crowded....you'll see the weaker and mild ones has frequent fin damages.... :o

they are not less aggressive than angel fishes actually....... :huh:

Note; Anthias can be territorial and aggressive to one another too if they failed to school together

Yup thats why i onyl school my not so aggressive species of anthias while kept those fierce ones solitary.

• SRC Member

Actually I thought the more yellow Tangs you have in a tank (huge tank of course) the less likely they will fight? Cause they will school like in nature?

I've seen a large tank with 12YT and they don't fight at all.... :huh:

Actually I thought the more yellow Tangs you have in a tank (huge tank of course) the less likely they will fight? Cause they will school like in nature?

I've seen a large tank with 12YT and they don't fight at all.... :huh:

If you have the space that resemble the wild, go ahead and school.

will it make the introduction of tangs (eg. one BT and one YT) more pleasant if they are introduced into the tank at the same time or roughly the same time? coz me heard from some people that some fish become territorial and will bully other fishes introduced later