Auto Water Change Device??

thc

• SRC Member

If there's really is,this troublesome hobby soon can cater to lazy people liao.

Meaning lazy people also can take up this hobby.

Dun need feed fish,dun need change water etc.

I dun mind having 1 of those device haha.

Can admire my fishes all day long.

Good idea!

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

If there's really is,this troublesome hobby soon can cater to lazy people liao.

Meaning lazy people also can take up this hobby.

Dun need feed fish,dun need change water etc.

I dun mind having 1 of those device haha.

Can admire my fishes all day long.

Good idea!

then whats the purpose of reef keeping~

Might as well have a robot take care of everything

just sit back and relax~~

• SRC Member

there is such a system by using profulux Dan.

check on profilux auto water change. :)

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?3-How-To-Automatic-water-change

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

u wouldn't be susprise.

There bound to have such people. And it's everywhere around us.

Just wanna enjoy n dun1 do anything.

Just like cars. During 70s everything seems so manuel,now everything so auto.

Soon we dun need drive liao.

Sit in,key in location we going n the rest they will do the job. Haha.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

u wouldn't be susprise.

There bound to have such people. And it's everywhere around us.

Just wanna enjoy n dun1 do anything.

Just like cars. During 70s everything seems so manuel,now everything so auto.

Soon we dun need drive liao.

Sit in,key in location we going n the rest they will do the job. Haha.

like in the I robot movie? LOL

• SRC Member

Actually alot of things that we ever tot of has already people started inventing it.

End day just a matter of suceed or fail nia...

Last time I in school teacher tell me future phone not only we can talk but we can c each other face,I dun really believe.(1990)

C wat happen now?

Actually got alot of example la...

Maybe not fully automatic, as you need to do salt mix as well. But it's still very possible.

I dislike water change cos carry buckets of salt water is backbreaking and sometimes dirty the floor. But it's an important step in reefing.

Of that can be reduced, more time can be spent taking care of the corals and propogating them.

If man can go to the moon... It's just a case of how much $ we are wiling to spend to automate waterchange.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

im one of them. :)

i want to use my time to look at the tank more rather than doing the water change, thats my way of reefkeep.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

If water is drain from sump still ok but if from tank,thou it's auto we still need look out for fishes that kana suck by the piping etc... Haha

• SRC Member

yup..water drain will be from sump, too much risk if from main tank..

so equipment including return pump must off lo else will eventually suck n pump air into main tank?

• SRC Member

yup..those points brought up was also considered.... all these will be controlled by a relay with and float switches...

Was a long time ago since i last do all these DIY stuff and lost my drawing ,.need sometime to figure them again..

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

yup..those points brought up was also considered.... all these will be controlled by a relay with and float switches...

Was a long time ago since i last do all these DIY stuff and lost my drawing ,.need sometime to figure them again..