Full-SPS Shallow

vt_snowman87

bro ambystoma, many thanks for this lovely addition of orange-tipped gbta to my collection.. :thumbsup:

This could be SGR photo of the month! If there's such a thing.

Pls keep us updated on how the anemones are doing as very interested to know how they fare long term.

Not a whole lot of reliable research I have come across.

Cheers

300G Main Display - 7 x 3 x 3, 60G Sump

4 x Tunze 6105 + 7095 controller, 2 x Eden 5000 l/hr main return

1HP Reefcool Compressor

4 x Reeflux 250W 12K MH with dimmable ballast + ATI T5 blue actinic

Super Reef Octopus 5000 skimmer, Skimz PO4 Reactor, 36W UV sterilizer

Bubble Magus 7 Channel Dosing Pump

• SRC Member

Bro, that's a gorgeous anemone island. Very tempting indeed! Your clownfishes are spoiled for choice.

spoilt for choices indeed.. a lil boring to see 1 pair only.. but oh wells, no other choices i guess.. :)

bro i have a pair of nem shrimps and they do no harm to my nems in any way

really? thats great.. i'm still pretty skeptical about these inverts though.. haha.. thanks anyway! :)

Very nice collection of anemones!

I LOVE Anemones!!! how do you get there all to congregate at the same area and NOT move around? LOL

Ketchup + desi, thanks, i love anemones too, thats why decided to give this idea a shot.. since Henry came in some gorgeous BTAs last few shipments..

they're all on a 'island' separated from the rest of my rockworks, and i believe the trick is to shelter their foot.. i'm still a week in only, time will tell whether they decide to wreck havoc.. fingers crossed.. :thumbsup:

Lovely collection of Anemones

thanks bro iceman! your haddoni is gorgeous too! :friends:

This could be SGR photo of the month! If there's such a thing.

Pls keep us updated on how the anemones are doing as very interested to know how they fare long term.

Not a whole lot of reliable research I have come across.

Cheers

thanks bro! btas are considered one of the easiest and more forgiving anemones.. i will update here on their progress as i'm monitoring them closely now as well.. cheers! :)

bro ambystoma, many thanks for this lovely addition of orange-tipped gbta to my collection.. :thumbsup:

Nice :)

Not easy for them to stay at one location when you initially place them in. How you do that?

Something to note... once the condition changes, e.g. lighting or current, they will start moving...

• SRC Member

Nice :)

Not easy for them to stay at one location when you initially place them in. How you do that?

Something to note... once the condition changes, e.g. lighting or current, they will start moving...

hi vincegoh, i dare not say i've 'succeeded' because its still too early to tell.. time will tell.. i'm still monitoring them closely, and for now (few days only) it seems safe.

yes u are spot-on that BTAs have tendencies to migrate when conditions tweak even slightly, i try to minimize that by firstly providing a 'sweet spot' for their bases.. they seem to like their foot being sheltered, and in a crevice.. the rest is up to lighting and flow.. lower flows seem to be preferred as well.. lastly i feed them regularly, with small pieces of mysis or shrimp, easy on digestion..

• SRC Member

pictorial update for today, 17/03/11

no movements yet.. all seems happy.. the green one on the left is getting humongously big..

post-9599-0-15202000-1300366384_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

pictorial update for today, 17/03/11

no movements yet.. all seems happy.. the green one on the left is getting humongously big..

:groupwavereversed: wow ... wow :shock: yeah hope they'll be happy and stay put

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

:groupwavereversed: wow ... wow :shock: yeah hope they'll be happy and stay put

i sure hope so too.. :) here's pictorial update for 22/3/2011:

post-9599-0-98725100-1300808408_thumb.jp

• SRC Supporter

Hey Vincent, finally, get to see yours and your dad's revemped tank!!! Hope this time round is properly housed in a cabinet so the women at home doesn't complain too much... :)

Loving your setup.

• SRC Member

Inspiration...

no la bro, not worthy haha.. got new FW project must announce hor.. hehee.. :eyebrow:

I like the BTA corner!!!

i like it too, but must monitor carefully very troublesome haha..

Love the scaping and how you separate the anemones.. hope they stay there.

i sure hope they stay there too.. the far right one is showing signs of shifting.. hm..

Hey Vincent, finally, get to see yours and your dad's revemped tank!!! Hope this time round is properly housed in a cabinet so the women at home doesn't complain too much...

Loving your setup.

hi bro! long time no see, yes this time all covered up liao.. sleek outlook, no messiness.. :idea:

Love the scaping. Power displays! Would love to see it in person one day

hi sis, anyday, always welcome! ur gems are the real deal.. :thumbsup:

Very Nice! the island is a good idea!

its a good idea, for now.. still keeping my fingers crossed.. :superman:

I'm looking at art.

haha bro, every tank is an art to its owner, don't we all take pride in our creations.. :thumbsup::ThanxSmiley:

Very nice tank! Keep up the good work

thanks bro! so paiseh keep failing to find time to visit LFS with u, arrange again next time!

• SRC Member

always amaze by pple's rock work

how come i so not creative

everyone's creative in their own ways, to each his own! :thumbsup:

• SRC Member

bad news today, lost ALL my chilli pepper monti.. RTNed with brown slime overnight.. rescued some frags, hopefully they will survive.. haiz..

weird.. all 3 pieces of chilli peppers, at 3 different locations, all melted (like a softie, leaving only skeleton).. each of the frag is at least 3 inches big.. i wonder why.. :thumbdown:

1st casualty: post-9599-0-04805500-1301309745_thumb.jp

2nd casualty: post-9599-0-34564900-1301309754_thumb.jp

3rd casualty: post-9599-0-38139000-1301309762_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

recent changes:

1. switched to salt-mix (tropicmarin)

2. tried minute vodka dosing since last month (most likely this is the reason)

3. BTA additions, possible chemical warfare?

4. CO2 ran out, CR not working, calcium dropped to 380, but most likely no big effect

Sorry to hear this Vincent. Do a quick check on your KH. Not sure if it's QC problem or some shop selling "expired" TM salt, I suffered same thing last month. 2 colonies STN.

Reason: sudden drop of Kh (during water change).. I measured the new saltmix, and kh reading was a low 3! And ca only 250++.

As a result my tank's Kh is only 6... Very bad. I kinda gave away the entire bucket of salt. :(

Btw I have a ready frag of chilling pepper, stable and growing. Let me know if you need k.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Sorry to hear this Vincent. Do a quick check on your KH. Not sure if it's QC problem or some shop selling "expired" TM salt, I suffered same thing last month. 2 colonies STN.

Reason: sudden drop of Kh (during water change).. I measured the new saltmix, and kh reading was a low 3! And ca only 250++.

As a result my tank's Kh is only 6... Very bad. I kinda gave away the entire bucket of salt. :(

Btw I have a ready frag of chilling pepper, stable and growing. Let me know if you need k.

sorry to sidetrack... TM salt got expiry date?

recent changes:

1. switched to salt-mix (tropicmarin)

2. tried minute vodka dosing since last month (most likely this is the reason)

3. BTA additions, possible chemical warfare?

4. CO2 ran out, CR not working, calcium dropped to 380, but most likely no big effect

5 bta in 2ft cube w/o carbon/resin ok, u 4 bta in 3 ft cube cfm + chop very ok !!! ( or ur resins exhausted their lifespan?)

most likely vodka dosing is the culprit,vodka got chemical reaction with the magnesium

but still rtn within one night is too fast,perharps u shld take the experiments slowly..