Eliwell Temp Controller Connection

tropic

• SRC Member

Hi.need help to confirm the wiring. Got the parts just need some confirmation form bros here... Eliwell IC902, 230v.

http://shop.cpu.com.tw/upload/2009/05/f6145e478a4bff385a33fb48447c6cad.gif

8 and 9 is the probe.

6 and 7 is my 230v mains into the controller.

3 tap to 6 is the inline fuse 3A.

1 is tap to 7.

So which part is the connection to the 3pinplug that i am mounting on the box for the chiller plug? thanks.

• SRC Member

You have 2 choices actually:-

Option A: Normal 3 Pin Plug (Main Power Supply) to the Wall, the other ends (Live and Neutral) to 6 & 7, on the box, 1, 2, and 3 to your wall socket and hence, you are able to plug in your chiller plug

Option B: DO away the Wall Socket and Chiller Plug, that means just cut off the Chiller Plug and have the wires into 1, 2 and 3.

However, I do not see any Earth/Ground from your Mains to the controller, anyone can verify these connections?

• SRC Member

You have 2 choices actually:-

Option A: Normal 3 Pin Plug (Main Power Supply) to the Wall, the other ends (Live and Neutral) to 6 & 7, on the box, 1, 2, and 3 to your wall socket and hence, you are able to plug in your chiller plug

Option B: DO away the Wall Socket and Chiller Plug, that means just cut off the Chiller Plug and have the wires into 1, 2 and 3.

However, I do not see any Earth/Ground from your Mains to the controller, anyone can verify these connections?

There is no earth for the controller..that's why it's good to fuze it with a fast blow for the controller and the output a slow blow fuze..

• SRC Member

There is no earth for the controller..that's why it's good to fuze it with a fast blow for the controller and the output a slow blow fuze..

hi thc.so is the setup right? do i tap the wire to the wall plug as in bro triggerfish suggest?

this is how the controller manual indicates.thnks!

30102010185-1.jpg

• SRC Member

hi thc.so is the setup right? do i tap the wire to the wall plug as in bro triggerfish suggest?

this is how the controller manual indicates.thnks!

30102010185-1.jpg

gimme awhile.. i ll draw a diagram to show how i connect mine...

• SRC Member

the picture sure helps. is the 8A necessary and if i do not have an inline 8amp can i just wire it up directly as per drawing without the 8a fuse?thanks.

Actually the controller do have a 8A relay which can handle about 1760watts. So it shouldn't be a problem if your chiller is of lower HP... if too high I'd add a higher Amp relay, which need another set of wiring method.

• SRC Member

Actually the controller do have a 8A relay which can handle about 1760watts. So it shouldn't be a problem if your chiller is of lower HP... if too high I'd add a higher Amp relay, which need another set of wiring method.

ok.my chiller is actually 1/2hp. 2.4A rating on the chiller equates to about 552w.i will proceed with the wiring but without the 8A fuse.will post my final results.thanks!!

• SRC Member

Just an update. I have setup the controller yesterday night. everything is ok which is good :ThanxSmiley: ..when switch on blinking for few secs etc.. i set the setpoint to 26 and exit out menu. the temp diff before its trigger is 2degs in the manual. but my temp till this morning is still at 27deg on the controller and the chiller is still running . the other function default settings i remains untouched. i am using a ptc probe (silicone). did i set correctly?

• SRC Member

Hmmm I ll chk the manual and get bk on this.. It had been long awhile

If I remember correctly the diff determines the cut off and kick in temp . Ie if temp set at 26 deg and diff is 2, the controller will kick in at 28 deg and cut off at 26. Btw the temp controller should have a decimal, so u can have more precise controlling.

• SRC Member

Disclaimer - Reefers who are not competent in DIYing electrical stuff, please consult a friend or LFS. The diagram posted is solely for reference and discussion only, I shall not be held responsible for mishaps or negligence on your part.

• SRC Member

Disclaimer - Reefers who are not competent in DIYing electrical stuff, please consult a friend or LFS. The diagram posted is solely for reference and discussion only, I shall not be held responsible for mishaps or negligence on your part.

:peace: