Cedric's Simple Cube Mini 80

Cedric

Nice Lights & Setup!! :thumbsup:

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Thank you all for your kind compliments.

I managed to take a few FTS shots today to show the progress and the effects of the lights with Maxspect G2 60W and the Panaroma Pro Modules combined.

DSC_13870.JPG

DSC_13872.JPG

DSC_13878.JPG

Cheers! :blush:

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member

Update:

I was using a 7 LED 7 Watt 6000k light to grow chaeto in my refugium (see my earlier post). It was a hit and miss for growing chaeto in my personal experience. The chaeto can grow well for a month or so but it will suddenly crash. I was reading SantaMonica's post about using lower kelvin for his algae scrubber, around the region of 2700 - 3100k. I figure, if it can grow algae well in the algae scrubber, it should be able to grow chaeto well right?

So I looked around and chance upon this. It's a Philips 2700K 12w PAR 30 LED. This is definitely way more yellow compared to my previous light which was white to my naked eye. I've been using this for a few weeks and based on gut feeling, the chaeto seems to be growing faster but I cannot be totally sure. Let's see if my chaeto will crash in a few more weeks.

LP_CF_MSLEDSPR_EU-CLP-global-001.jpg

Cheers! :cheers:

Comments are welcome!

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Finally collected my new toy from Dr Evil today! This is to replace my old but trusty Bubble Magus NAC 3.5. I was surfing the web 2 months back and chance upon a different modle of skimmer from Bubble Magus which is just a tiny bit bigger, uses the same wattage but draws300 litre air per hour, 100 litre more air compared to the old atman pump. It is not a whole lot more expensive, so why not?

DSC_14573.JPG

It came in the usual packaging.

DSC_14575.JPG

The plastic seems to be of better build quality, the cone is seamless and the skimmer can be broken apart into more pieces for cleaning.

DSC_14577.JPG

This is the Rock Pump SP1000. Instead of saying how many litres of water it moves, it states how many litres of air it draws.

DSC_14580.JPG

This is a quick visual comparison of the two skimmer. Just that tiny bit bigger. Its a very tight fit into the sump tank but it'll work! Time to break in the skimmer! :thumbsup:

Comments are welcome!

BM C3.5? This model has a better pump compared to atman ones.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Hi Admiraltian, yup, it's a C3.5.

Hi Jameshong, with my limited experience of having the C3.5 for less than 24 hours, I will say no, not advisable. The output from the SP1000 looks much stronger compared the the atman pump with the density of air in the skimmer body looking much densier. The skimmer neck is wider and the skimmer body is also bigger probably to make use of the increase volume of air drawn in (my guess).

In short, I think you can fit SP1000 into NAC3.5, but question is whether that is the smart thing to do?

Comments are welcome!

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi all, the new C3.5 has broken in and working great. Anyone wants my old NAC3.5 for free? I dropped the collection cup and cracked it. I superglued it back and it no longer leaks. The body is in dire need of a good scrub but otherwise, it is in perfect working condition. Any takers?

Comments are welcome!

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

My Maxspect 60W has been giving me loads of problems with the LEDs not powering on and I have to cycle the power switch to get everything lit. It's time for an upgrade! I finally settled for the GHL MItra 6100hv.

DSC_15587.JPG

DSC_15590.JPG

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member

The biggest headache was how to mount the lights on top of the tank. Thankfully, Dr Evil came to the rescue with the Mazarra stands. It really is very versatile, we had quite a few options before we settled on the simplest solution!

DSC_15595.JPG

DSC_15598.JPG

And finally . . .

DSC_15604.JPG

We had a hell of a time drooling at the amount of light, playing with the thunderstorm mode and the various channels of light available. This light is amazing!!!

Comments are welcome!