PICO IQ5 Tank in Office

desideria

I have PMEd you the pricing Alex for the anemones I bought. :)

TO keep track.. FTS for today and it's 1 month old!! :)

Added golden faced zoos and DR ang's PPEs in the front as it was constantly getting knocked over in my main tank by the grazing achillies tang... so bring it to office! :)

The mini maxi has decided to face my backwall of the tank.. oh well what to do.. leave it be.

post-12571-0-92560100-1297741743_thumb.j

Nice pico tank! Btwn where did you get the tunze powerhead? RD? wat the damage like?

Looking to add one to improve water circulation...

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

Thanks! One final question, does it affect the water temperature alot?

Just went thru your 'journal' on the pico tank and realize that it does generate quite a fair bit of heat...guess i be skipping it.......

• SRC Member

hahah well reaper my pico is ok because now i'm using eggcrate rather than the acrylic cover so better ventilation and because my office is very cold... no issues right now at all. :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

My pom pom crab molted!!! HAHAHAHA I took one look at my tank and I was wondering.. eh.. how come 2 crabs.. then I realise my pom pom molted. :P

post-12571-0-18759200-1298378842_thumb.j

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

hahah well reaper my pico is ok because now i'm using eggcrate rather than the acrylic cover so better ventilation and because my office is very cold... no issues right now at all. :)

Oic, i not be using any lid to cover but the pico is in the bedroom w/o aircon.....hmm..not sure if i should try it out but thanks anyway!

• SRC Member

LOL siangz... it would be a 4 feet SUMP for a 13L IQ 5... lol AHHAHAH then I can start keeping SPS cause i'm gonna upgrade my lighting very soon... stay tuned for new light pics..

btw kidding about the SPS in an IQ5.. I doubt it can survive with my lack of husbandry skills

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

LOL siangz... it would be a 4 feet SUMP for a 13L IQ 5... lol AHHAHAH then I can start keeping SPS cause i'm gonna upgrade my lighting very soon... stay tuned for new light pics..

btw kidding about the SPS in an IQ5.. I doubt it can survive with my lack of husbandry skills

as wat i have predicted...u r about to enter phrase 2 of sps poisoning...

i think it will be very interesting to see your IQ tank that has a pipe that leads to a 4ft "sump" tank underneath and another return pipe that goes back to the IQ tank..n to c your colleagues gather around your desk during lunch time sitting on the floor watching the sump tank...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

First Day of Week 7 of my little IQ5 and for the record an updated FTS.. with new and improved lighting!! PAR 38 : 20000k - Cree XPE 6500k x 2pcs, Cree XPE Royal Blue x 3pcs

post-12571-0-61279800-1298857631_thumb.j

. :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

My pom pom crab molted!!! HAHAHAHA I took one look at my tank and I was wondering.. eh.. how come 2 crabs.. then I realise my pom pom molted. :P

post-12571-0-18759200-1298378842_thumb.j

May i know what u feed your pom pom crab? Reef safe?

Some say not reef safe bcos got stinging anemone.

Might sting other corals?

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• SRC Member

@dirtnitro : I got the stand from Dr Evil....

@mini-reefer : I don't really feed him anything specific... as I only have 1 pom pom and 1 firefish so everyday I throw in some pellets and once a week is a couple of pieces of mysis which I think the crab will pick up from the sand .. that's it. So far the crab has not done anything to my corals at all.. besides I have quite hardy corals in my pico being zoos, anemone and a clove, yuma and mushy.. so far, nothing has happened to any of my corals. :)

Here's the pic of the BTA under the new lights.. I just LOVE IT!! Thanks HENRY for such a beautiful specimen. :thumbsup:

post-12571-0-12465500-1298900318_thumb.j

Additives at the office :)

post-12571-0-55548200-1298900325_thumb.j

Cheers, ;)

Desi

@dirtnitro : I got the stand from Dr Evil....

@mini-reefer : I don't really feed him anything specific... as I only have 1 pom pom and 1 firefish so everyday I throw in some pellets and once a week is a couple of pieces of mysis which I think the crab will pick up from the sand .. that's it. So far the crab has not done anything to my corals at all.. besides I have quite hardy corals in my pico being zoos, anemone and a clove, yuma and mushy.. so far, nothing has happened to any of my corals. :)

Here's the pic of the BTA under the new lights.. I just LOVE IT!! Thanks HENRY for such a beautiful specimen. :thumbsup:

post-12571-0-12465500-1298900318_thumb.j

Additives at the office :)

post-12571-0-55548200-1298900325_thumb.j

Who is dr evil? N how to get from him any contact?

• SRC Member

DR evil is one of our sponsers under DE LIghtings.. you can PM him here on SGreef... go take a look at his sponser forumn for his contact.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

LOL and they are all white so I HAVE to label them otherwise I wouldn't know what is what... yeah did it slowly.. mix them all up together in my RO DI water and then pour into the IQ5... I don't do too much as the volume is small.. :) so as long as everything dissolve, then I just pour in.:thumbsup:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Bro.. I also got myself a IQ5 recently..Do you encounter the problem where the water in the last chamber at the return pump is a bit low? A bit worried that over the weekend, when water evaporated, the last chamber will be too low and cause overheating to the pump.

Now, I had to tune the default pump to almost minimum level.

• SRC Member

yes the water level in the return pump chamber is always lower than the rest, I don't really bother with it. :) As long as the water is circulating, i'm fine with it that way. And since my office temp is pretty low, it won't overheat. If you're afraid of the water level going down too much , do alternate day top ups depending on your Evap or do with some salt water. :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi