goniopora care

yellowtang

An update to those who are keeping Gonio, mine are growing and seem to be doing well. The way I keep mine are:

1) Simple tank setup with no skimmer

2) No UV

3) No chiller

4) Feed Zooplankton (can see them branching over each other to "eat")

5) Weekly water change of about 20%

They are encrusting more areas, can see the growth. Slowly but surely.

I have one green gonio, 2 months with me, so far so good,

my observation are:

- only extend fully few hours a day, approximate 3-4 hrs, most of the time not completely extend, some long some short...:(

- only active when I place it far away from the return hose, also can not too close to the wavemaker.

Above apply to my nano tank...

I have one green gonio, 2 months with me, so far so good,

my observation are:

- only extend fully few hours a day, approximate 3-4 hrs, most of the time not completely extend, some long some short...:(

- only active when I place it far away from the return hose, also can not too close to the wavemaker.

Above apply to my nano tank...

I noticed the Gonio I placed in the flow also does not extend fully, I even tried exchanging places and the one in the flow is always not fully extended. Maybe must put in low or no flow area.

• 1 month later...

An update to those who are keeping Gonio, mine are growing and seem to be doing well. The way I keep mine are:

1) Simple tank setup with no skimmer

2) No UV

3) No chiller

4) Feed Zooplankton (can see them branching over each other to "eat")

5) Weekly water change of about 20%

They are encrusting more areas, can see the growth. Slowly but surely.

Hi, mine asking what brand of zooplankton are you using?

Hi, mine asking what brand of zooplankton are you using?

Kentmarine, gave up on Gonio now actually. Cause it started giving off whiteish liquid that makes the water cloudy. My tank if very small, so gave it away. It was doing well with a mix of Phyto and zooplex. The phyto I used was gotten from Reef Depot, zooplex can be gotten in many places.

• 1 year later...