Help ID of this Living Thing

Hi all,

This is something that we hooked up from about 40-60m water in this region. It looks like some sort of a coral at first, but it behaves more like a kind of carnivorous star of some sort. It had attached itself to a piece of squid and was broken off at the lower part. When I tried to touch it, it's spiky tree-root like tantacles tries to grab my fingers but falls sort of actually grabbing (probably the heat or something). Anyone here be able to identify it?

P1000399r1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

This is something that we hooked up from about 40-60m water in this region. It looks like some sort of a coral at first, but it behaves more like a kind of carnivorous star of some sort. It had attached itself to a piece of squid and was broken off at the lower part. When I tried to touch it, it's spiky tree-root like tantacles tries to grab my fingers but falls sort of actually grabbing (probably the heat or something). Anyone here be able to identify it?

P1000399r1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

looks like broken basket star (Astrophyton muricatum)?? Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Too bad it's only an arm... it looks dangerous when I don't know what that is, especially when you see it's spiky arm and the little subarms grabbing and 'fondling' that piece of squid...... now I find it sweet, but feel heart pain for the damage, though it can still grow back.

This piece is about 25cm in length. :paiseh: