care to comment on this zoa ............

dryDiver

• SRC Member

bro its eagle eyes zoa. available regularly at lfs...its a really nice zoa and i agree with bro m12345y that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and not let the hype surrounding zoa funky names dictate your zelection. remember... What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet....so if u think it's nice, it is worth millions in your eyes!

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen

• SRC Member

what happened was last night i got this german ATI lights n when i turned it on,,,,, wow like as though a blind man could see........n the colors of the zoe n everything was so bright n colorful. my wife always say my tank is so brown n no color, so i guess its nice to hear from others

• SRC Member

Wow! The zoa is nice. Keep it for sure! Any chance of having frag for sale? will gladly buy from you.

hi tian, tks for the encouragement , think i would like it to grow more 1st. think i will start a thread on how to culture zoa :)

• SRC Member

why some zoa grow longer and tall while some zoas dont? different species? Care to share?

grow longer is they reach out for light. lacking on penetration of light to em. i guess so.

i have this also, call eargle eye.

---2Ft Cube by MarineLife---2008-2009

http://w w w.absolutereef . com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12369

Skimmer: Deltec APF600 feeder by Eheim 1250

Lighting: Solite 150MH 14k

Supplement: Giesemann T5 Razor, Actinic Plus ~22k

Top-up: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

Return: Eheim 1260

Reactor: Skimz FR Rowaphos

---------------------------------------------------------

---1.5Ft Cube by Iwarna---2010- ???

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95312-nano-15-cube/

Tank: 1.5Ft Cube,Sump with Chengai Wood Cabinate

skimmer: Reef Oct Nw110

Return: Eheim 1250

Chiller: Hailea HC150A with feeder Eheim Compact 1000

Reactor: Phosphan with Rowaphos

Lighting: MaxSpec G2 110w,DELighting T5 ATI*2,Giesemann T5 Razor ATI*2

WaveMaker: MP10 VorTech

Top Up : ATO with Tank

-------------------------Your Advice is my Success

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Eagle Eyes are really beautiful and now it is more common than in the past. But it is one of the favourite in the zoas family.

n i think its not too expensive too, compare to other fancy name ones

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Over the weeks I have noticed some colonies of eagle eyes r not as

brilliant/bright as others.

Is this correct?

Or is the less brilliant colored ones called sun flower zoa?

Thanks for ur comments

Cheers

In my opinion, they look pretty much the same...but i think sunflower has brighter colours...

hi zoa gurus, hope to get ur comments on this zoa - name (if any), nice or ugly (throw away?), worth a million?, whatever, it would be nice to hear from u. thanks

I dont rely on fancy names to gauge the price of any corals i just use my own eyes and taste. a coral that looks nice to you may not look nice to another person......just my view.....nice zoa by the way.

sunflower has longer skirting

cheers

interesting...could you recommend any source of information concerning names and how to differentiate similar morphs...or is it just spread through words of mouth

sunflower has longer skirting

cheers

interesting...could you recommend any source of information concerning names and how to differentiate similar morphs...or is it just spread through words of mouth

Try this, ZoaID.com so far consist most of the zoas species & morphs names... Cheers..

http://zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=15

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Supporter

sunflower zoas in our local community has 2 varient.

the bigger polyp with longer skirt and the smaller polyp with more dense skirtings.

bro law use to have both..

zoas may look more brown over time due to the excess lighting they receive. very common when a change from low position to a higher position or a change in light tube/bulbs.

zoas that have stem extended longer normally due to 1) flow 2) lack of lighting.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Supporter

to add on zoas are known to be "no needing to feed" but if u feed them with adequate and sufficient food they will grow very quickly given the stable water conditions.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• 3 weeks later...

that's real nice. r they sunflower?

That's what i notice also, under different lighting we see different colors, eg green can be yellow

Yes bro, the bigger picture is confirm the Sunflower zoas. Very nice bright colour zoas almost a favorite for most zoas lovers.

But you need to be careful as the sunflower zoas are prone to attract pest, so you need to ensure that you get it from a reliable source to avoid getting pest into your zoas collection.

Cheers !

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• SRC Member

Yes bro, the bigger picture is confirm the Sunflower zoas. Very nice bright colour zoas almost a favorite for most zoas lovers.

But you need to be careful as the sunflower zoas are prone to attract pest, so you need to ensure that you get it from a reliable source to avoid getting pest into your zoas collection.

Cheers !

tks bro cedric for the advice. heard u got a beautiful collection of zoas - must see one day!!! :)

Recently i bought a colony of zoa but within a few weeks got only a handful of polyps left, although i did the fresh water rinse n malachite green rinse n bright light etc. - bad experience, sway , i guess

• SRC Member

Pics already so nice liao, actual thing must be better...

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

tks bro cedric for the advice. heard u got a beautiful collection of zoas - must see one day!!! :)

Recently i bought a colony of zoa but within a few weeks got only a handful of polyps left, although i did the fresh water rinse n malachite green rinse n bright light etc. - bad experience, sway , i guess

Better don't go... Ur wallet will not thank u.. LOL