Phosban reactor and fr

Hi bro, is there a difference between fr and phosban reactor?

Shld be same thing.. FR is Fluidised reactor & Phosban reactor is FR from Two Little Fish Manufacturer.

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Have u gotten the fr? If not, can always chk with seller on the setup. Anyway, is a simple concept where there will be one water inlet and outlet. For the water inlet, u can use a pump to feed water in yr fr or tee off from piping. The flow rate should be 800 to 1000l/hr. Media u can put into yr fr without bag. Amt depends on u. Covet 20 to 25% of ur fr. For phos remover, the first and few rinse will be scary , if u using rowa. Don't use tap water to rinse. Maybe do it during yr water change and use those siphoned out water from yr tank to rinse a few time. For me, I place wool with some carbon at the outlet to filter the water comin out from fr . By 1 hr, outlet should be coming out clear water. Hope this help.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Bro, i am getting a 2nd FR. Can you advise me what are the proper ways to set up the FR? Do i have to put the media in a media bag? Thanks.

Hi, If you intend using Phosban

Below r some video for reference

they recommend media dosage & flow rate as below:

80Gallon/hour for 130gram of media

90Gallon/hour for 200gram of media

Try to tune and get the media stir effect as below, this is to fully utilize the optimum media surface absorption.

Cheers...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Bro, does it makes a difference by connecting a uv to the fr inlet or outlet?

The different only trade off the flow control...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

hi bro, i got a 2nd hand skimz 120 fr and is feeding with a 1000l/lh pump. It has been running for 30mins and the materials are not fluidizing. There is flow from the outlet. I am connecting the central tube to the inlet, is this right? What else can i check?

fluidize materials - seaslug phosban.

Thanks.

can take some pics on your FR setup.. Most likely flow not sufficient.. Do you check or clean yr sponge before adding media. Check any place choke or slow down the flow...

Alternatively, try below....

Could be too much media added, try reduce some and monitor.

Or reduce path from pump to FR...

If not change slightly strong pump...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

can take some pics on your FR setup.. Most likely flow not sufficient.. Do you check or clean yr sponge before adding media. Check any place choke or slow down the flow...

I reduced the phosballs media, and removed the sponge at the reactor bed, managed to get some trumpling at the bed and i feel it's not strong enough...i will try to get a 2000l/h pump and try again..

• SRC Member

Removed sponse at reactor bed and reduced media. Should i get a stronger pump? I am already dolphin 808 which i think the flow rate is about 1800l/h

Removed sponse at reactor bed and reduced media. Should i get a stronger pump? I am already dolphin 808 which i think the flow rate is about 1800l/h

Actually I am not suggesting remove the sponge.. Just verify for troubleshooting purpose.. The sponge is useful to prevent media back flow... We need to clean the sponge once a while during maintenance...

From your reduce media and sponge experiment.. knowing the setup lack of flow but not choke..

Is it possible shorten your pipe from pump to FR. And don't connect series with your UV.. 1800l/h? If really 1800l/h shld be sufficient... May be check again...

Cheers..

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Actually I am not suggesting remove the sponge.. Just verify for troubleshooting purpose.. The sponge is useful to prevent media back flow... We need to clean the sponge once a while during maintenance...

From your reduce media and sponge experiment.. knowing the setup lack of flow but not choke..

Is it possible shorten your pipe from pump to FR. And don't connect series with your UV.. 1800l/h? If really 1800l/h shld be sufficient... May be check again...

Cheers..

bro, i had shorten the hose from pump to FR and i am not connecting to a UV. I googled and found the rate of flow for this FR is 1000l/h. I have no idea why it's not working on a 1800l/h pump. I tried with a 1200l/h pump, and it wasn't working too. The outlet current was reasonably strong, and i had no idea why the phosballs wasn't moving alot. Do i need a strong pump than the FR recommended one for pallets than other media?

bro, i had shorten the hose from pump to FR and i am not connecting to a UV. I googled and found the rate of flow for this FR is 1000l/h. I have no idea why it's not working on a 1800l/h pump. I tried with a 1200l/h pump, and it wasn't working too. The outlet current was reasonably strong, and i had no idea why the phosballs wasn't moving alot. Do i need a strong pump than the FR recommended one for pallets than other media?

Need to verify yr pump rating is correct? You probably right on pellets versus powder form.. But certain NR used 1200l/h able to spin very thick sulfur beads.. I am curious why not phosban media even with 1800l/h? Check with others with phosban user see what is the feedback.. Worst come to worst, try stronger pump with valve control... Cheers..

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

I tried ehiem 3000 , It is not drawing water from the tank when set it up outside the tank. I set it up outside the tank because it is too big for my iOS, and i ended up, set up an additional small sump inside m iOS which means I used 2 pumps for the fr. I had no problem setting up an external canister without an additional pump earlier on. Any advise bro? I read ehiem 3000 it said I need to do suction for external setup, can any bro advise how do I do that?

• Like 1

• SRC Member

i managed to get ehiem 3000 to work ... there's still not enough flow... i had shorten the hoses, used 3000l/h, tried with another FR (borrowed), changed and reduced media... i am lost now ... absoultely what goes wrong...

any bro?