Mini Carpet Anemone

Jameshong

Hi all,

I have one mini carpet anemone and would like to relocation it but problem is the base is hiding in one of the hole of the Big rock

How am I going to remove it out from the rock?

any expert here?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

I'm not expert on this, but I had force anemone out of the rock by itself before. Just leave the rock in the open on top of a pail of water, it'll drop out by itself. If unable to take out the rock then really can't help much either :(

I'm not expert on this, but I had force anemone out of the rock by itself before. Just leave the rock in the open on top of a pail of water, it'll drop out by itself. If unable to take out the rock then really can't help much either :(

It's big base rock so I can't :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: !

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Yea Irritate it haha!! Hope it doesn't goes towards the wavemaker!!

It never move since day 1, but it growth causes chemical war, so the neighbour not happy and some even rip :( .

• 6 months later...
  • SRC Member

Here are the pictures.

2011-07-02213012.jpg

2011-07-02210342.jpg

Hope this is not too late, but if I were you, I'd leave the anaemone where it is. It is rare for one to stick permanently to one spot. Most hobbyists have problem with migrating anaemones. Forcing one that is so entrenched could injure or kill it. As for chemical warfare, may be best to move the other invert.

• Like 1

Hope this is not too late, but if I were you, I'd leave the anaemone where it is. It is rare for one to stick permanently to one spot. Most hobbyists have problem with migrating anaemones. Forcing one that is so entrenched could injure or kill it. As for chemical warfare, may be best to move the other invert.

Np..I did nothing...just leave it to stay at it's own comfort zone...LOL :cheers: !

Wow that's a nice piece.. can check cause i have some of it and no matter where i put low light,shaded, high light. they all become bleached!!! any advise? Important using 3x250mh and 4 tubes of T5. my tank height is 2.5ft.

sorry to hijack your thread bro...

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• 5 months later...

You can try the following : Gently raise the rock out of the water then back into the water with the anemone upside down) over and over again. The anemone will let go of the rock in approx 5-10 min.

Very nice indeed. I like it ...

Albert

• Like 1

You can try the following : Gently raise the rock out of the water then back into the water with the anemone upside down) over and over again. The anemone will let go of the rock in approx 5-10 min.

The rock is 5kg base rock so it's not possible to raise or take out from the water. If not, I have already solved it long along liao lo...lol!

Once I encounter similar situation with a carpet anemone. I cover the rock with a plastic bag, and it move away.

Sound interesting! May I know how long do it move away after covered with plastic bag?

• SRC Member

Sound interesting! May I know how long do it move away after covered with plastic bag?

It took me about a day before it move away front it's location. Logically it should move since it's covered from light. Hope it works for you too.

If not maybe you can check with Henry of Marinelife. His RBTA stick deep into the LR too, and he sound easy to remove it when customer wants it.

Tank 4x2x2.5

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

good thread! I also have a mini carpet which is now stuck on my tank glass. Cant move it since day 1

will try using plastic to cover it!!

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

It took me about a day before it move away front it's location. Logically it should move since it's covered from light. Hope it works for you too.

If not maybe you can check with Henry of Marinelife. His RBTA stick deep into the LR too, and he sound easy to remove it when customer wants it.

Henry method is very simple just need a tweeter but my mini carpet base struck inside the 5kg base rock so this method can't work...sigh!

• SRC Member

Henry method is very simple just need a tweeter but my mini carpet base struck inside the 5kg base rock so this method can't work...sigh!

so you havent suceed in taking it out?

have you tried the plastic bag or ice cube method?

• SRC Member

My mini carpet is now happily stucked in front of my tank resting on the glass. One big patch blocking my view! :angry:

i tried using ice on it's side but still it refuse to move...