My 1.5ft Reef Log III

jackywongto

So you heard as well huh.

What will be ur first fish? Or is it already in your tank??

They have a couple look lah...... good match.

Gonna keep Tiny queen, Juvenile emperor, tiny french.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

K. Now I am tempted to get a dosing pump.

I will be in HKG end of this month, Should I get it there?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Super! Can reserve the queen when it out grows ur tank??

Haha. Ok I shall not put the cart before the horse.

Catcha soon bro. Going to zonk out. Long weekend ahead!! Woo hoo.

Nitey... I have to bring my kids to zoo tml too..... !!!

K. Now I am tempted to get a dosing pump.

I will be in HKG end of this month, Should I get it there?

One last post abt dosing pump..

I'm not a CR guy, cos the tuning drives me nuts!

without dosing pump, I would never have sustained the SPS bug. I think it's just over 1 year by now since going into a predominantly SPS setup.

If HK cheaper and luggage permits, sure. But Petmart selling quite cheap ah. So u may wanna call them first.

I'm not sure abt other brands of dosing pumps, but the BM one has been serving me well for the past 12monrhs.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Just did my phosphate test.... thank goodness the reading went down.... any guess on the PO4 level today?

Winner will get a big passionate hug from our reefing idol - AhSiang !!!! :groupwavereversed:

3rd Aug : PO4 = 0.502 ppm

4th Aug : PO4 = 0.502 ppm, added 4 tablespoon of High Capacity GFO in a filterbag and placed into my MCE 600.

5th Aug : PO4 = ????

** Sorry Siang, you do not get to hug anyone.....no takers :P

Before I log off, the PO4 reading tonight is 122*3.066/1000 = 0.374 ppm

PO4 has been reduced by 0.128 ppm 1day after adding HC GFO. :yahoo:

Will test again tml.

post-6893-0-89038900-1312564328_thumb.jp

One last post abt dosing pump..

I'm not a CR guy, cos the tuning drives me nuts!

without dosing pump, I would never have sustained the SPS bug. I think it's just over 1 year by now since going into a predominantly SPS setup.

If HK cheaper and luggage permits, sure. But Petmart selling quite cheap ah. So u may wanna call them first.

I'm not sure abt other brands of dosing pumps, but the BM one has been serving me well for the past 12monrhs.

Thanks bro.

Will do some research 1st....

Gonna keep Tiny queen, Juvenile emperor, tiny french.

Nice choice but very soon u will have to upgrade liao. =P Btw good to plan which angel to go in first, dun be like me, just buy when I see a healthy one. Now having difficult adding new angel due to my blue face. =(

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Hey karl, of course. But 1st lets meet up for lunch :)

been almost 1 yr plus? Lets go jio towkay pete also

Nice choice but very soon u will have to upgrade liao. =P Btw good to plan which angel to go in first, dun be like me, just buy when I see a healthy one. Now having difficult adding new angel due to my blue face. =(

planning arh..... Definitely not my forte. I'll just grab what i see... Hehe .....

dun talk kock lah...4 angels?! :lol: + dosing pump some more... :lol::bow:

if u r keeping a few sps, dun need dosing pump one...unless u intend to have a 4ft sump :lol:

kock, kock, kock. kock. ...... :P

Used to have a tank wth Queen, Emperor, Koran, Asfer, blue face, Majestic, and some pgymy angels leh.....

Told people and kena screwed in some US forum.. haha....

dosing pump is just to safe me the trouble of dosing manually mah,... pls correct me if I am wrong.....

next tank should be a 2 footer only lah.

• SRC Member

kock, kock, kock. kock. ...... :P

Used to have a tank wth Queen, Emperor, Koran, Asfer, blue face, Majestic, and some pgymy angels leh.....

Told people and kena screwed in some US forum.. haha....

dosing pump is just to safe me the trouble of dosing manually mah,... pls correct me if I am wrong.....

next tank should be a 2 footer only lah.

:lol::lol::lol: looks like u really need a 4ft sump

l7304smr.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: looks like u really need a 4ft sump

I can get a 2ft by 2ft by 4 ft sump. That is possible. The only thing is I need to climb a ladder to see my main tank. dry.gif

Anyway a note about MCE 600. It skims great but 1 bad thing is that I need to clean it every 4 - 5 days to maintain its efficiency.

Just washed it again and wow... skimming like theres no tml.

post-6893-0-06241200-1312644547_thumb.jp

My 1st little frag....

I used to have the maxspect G2 110W. It is a nice set but missing 2 important functions.

1) sunrise sunset mode. - it switches on and off - often startling the fishes.

2) variable intensity settings - it gives a fix lighting spectrum. I can adjust it to be more blue, or more white.

With the AI and the new Mazarra, you can do this.

Some of the corals really standout more if you can dim the white light a little.

But there is also a new set of challenge with LEDs. Photography White Balance.....it is really quite a pain in the ......

post-6893-0-39518000-1312645335_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

I can get a 2ft by 2ft by 4 ft sump. That is possible. The only thing is I need to climb a ladder to see my main tank. dry.gif

Anyway a note about MCE 600. It skims great but 1 bad thing is that I need to clean it every 4 - 5 days to maintain its efficiency.

Just washed it again and wow... skimming like theres no tml.

post-6893-0-06241200-1312644547_thumb.jp

mine need to clean every 2 days.... :lol:

every morning, a cup of teh-o waiting for me

l7304smr.jpg

mine need to clean every 2 days.... :lol:

every morning, a cup of teh-o waiting for me

wow...u more hardworking than me.....

You can have that for breakfast with your toast bread !

Oh ya. I test my phosphate level today too.

It seems that the HC GFO has been depleted already.

The phosphate level is 0.35ppm. did not drop much. Will chekc again tomorrow and top up if required.

If 4 tablespoon of GFO can reduce phosphate by 0.15 ppm.

then if I do another 2 sessions of GFO treatment, then the PO4 level should drop to about 0.05 - 0.1 ppm....

(** wonder if I can tally it this way - guess we will find out by end of next week.) hehe....

• SRC Member

Oh ya. I test my phosphate level today too.

It seems that the HC GFO has been depleted already.

The phosphate level is 0.35ppm. did not drop much. Will chekc again tomorrow and top up if required.

If 4 tablespoon of GFO can reduce phosphate by 0.15 ppm.

then if I do another 2 sessions of GFO treatment, then the PO4 level should drop to about 0.05 - 0.1 ppm....

(** wonder if I can tally it this way - guess we will find out by end of next week.) hehe....

think i beta go change my carbon!

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

My 1st little frag....

I used to have the maxspect G2 110W. It is a nice set but missing 2 important functions.

1) sunrise sunset mode. - it switches on and off - often startling the fishes.

2) variable intensity settings - it gives a fix lighting spectrum. I can adjust it to be more blue, or more white.

With the AI and the new Mazarra, you can do this.

Some of the corals really standout more if you can dim the white light a little.

But there is also a new set of challenge with LEDs. Photography White Balance.....it is really quite a pain in the ......

post-6893-0-39518000-1312645335_thumb.jp

i got my golden gloves from GO...but after a few days no more gold...its just the green...(alamak) lol

l7304smr.jpg

i got my golden gloves from GO...but after a few days no more gold...its just the green...(alamak) lol

u have arh... aiya... should have got a frag from you ......

• SRC Member

Hey hi Zac !

You can get one from Reef Depot for about $600.

Or you can get one from Pasar Malam for about $200 - $400

Here's a review done by Bro Comycus previously.

hope this helps !

Thanks bro :)

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170