Need help on buying Chiller

kenny1111

• SRC Member

Can pls help me as i going to get my new tank But i dont know what chiller is suitable for my tank

Tank is 167 Lit, with sump is about 290 Liters / around 79 Gal.

Pls tell me chiller with how much HP i need for that tank?

Can my current Resun L280 be used?

• SRC Member

It is best to purchase a one step higher model than the one you may need. Reason being, when the hot months are upon us, your extra capacity chiller would be able to cope easily than a lower capacity chiller. Another important thing to note of is to modify your chiller to use an external temperature probe and place this probe in the sump, preferably the 1st compartment if it is possible. This external temperature probe modification is to ensure that the chiller is monitoring the real time temperature data of your tank temperature instead of the chiller water compartment in the chiller itself. The chiller has a flaw in the design and will have irregular kick in and out timing because of the pump flowrate.

With the modification, chiller owner are not penalised with their choice of pump they used. Even a low flowrate will ensure that the tank reaches the desired temperature setting in a short time and ensure that the kick out time would be longer compared to the kick in time of the modified chiller. Shorter kick in time and longer kick out time would help in the lower cost of electricity consumption that has been on the rise every quarter.

Hope this helps!

Pls refer below thread for chiller sale brand Mitsubishi Star Mex compressor chiller 1HP around 4 Years with copper coted coil @$200

Cheers...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

You can consider the Teco I am selling. Maintenance free (when I call up a supplier to service for me) and comes with a cabinet (customized).

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

Pls refer below thread for chiller sale brand Mitsubishi Star Mex compressor chiller 1HP around 4 Years with copper coted coil @$200

Cheers...

The copper coted coil will cause a problem in marine tank? thought will lead some metal out into the water?

For yr tank, 1/5 or 1/4 is more than enough. For drop - in, personally I feel wise for 4 ft and above unless u don't want the heat fr standalone chiller. Super overpower is definitely overkill. For ext. Thermostat, u need the controller with probe and hook to power socket. Yr chiller is supposed to set temperature low or lowest to ensure the ext thermostat once reached the required temp, will get activate power supply to yr chiller to kick start and run. One ideal temp reached, it will cut off power supply to yr chiller. For artica, may not require but for other brands, good to have as their internal thermostatt usually turned faulty. For drop in could, ###### seems safe but any leakage is likely to kill all yr livestock. Copper coil with rubber insulation, danger is rubber turns brittle after something and exposing the copper to rust thus leak. Best is a drop in in isolated area.

• Like 1

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

For yr tank, 1/5 or 1/4 is more than enough. For drop - in, personally I feel wise for 4 ft and above unless u don't want the heat fr standalone chiller. Super overpower is definitely overkill. For ext. Thermostat, u need the controller with probe and hook to power socket. Yr chiller is supposed to set temperature low or lowest to ensure the ext thermostat once reached the required temp, will get activate power supply to yr chiller to kick start and run. One ideal temp reached, it will cut off power supply to yr chiller. For artica, may not require but for other brands, good to have as their internal thermostatt usually turned faulty. For drop in could, ###### seems safe but any leakage is likely to kill all yr livestock. Copper coil with rubber insulation, danger is rubber turns brittle after something and exposing the copper to rust thus leak. Best is a drop in in isolated area.

Thanks for the detail explantion. understand.

So where can i find the Ext thermostat with controller and probe? Anyone can fix it on? dont want to get kill for anyhow joining the wire.

Look for bro orsony. Good luck.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler