Mp10wes faulty

seanhorsay

• SRC Member

Dear reefers,

I experience weird fault in my mp10wes. For example, once 1 set to "Eco nutrients export", the pulsing is normal fast. But after about 10+/- mins, the pulsing auto switch to slow pulse or even no pulse. I suspect should be the controller faulty, thus giving intermittent fault. Anyone experience it b4? Can advise?

• SRC Member

In NTM, the pump works in 2 phases.... U will get the the surge and then the pulsating hence u hear the change... My suggestion is to wait and observe to see if it goes back to the pulsating... If it does, it isnt broken.

Extract from their website:

"In this EcoSmart mode, water is circulated in two phases – a wave motion to stir up detritus, and a surging motion to move the detritus into your overflow where it can be skimmed out. This mode promotes maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for sensitive corals such as SPS.

Adjusting the dial changes the maximum speed achieved at any time during this mode. Slave pumps should be positioned opposite the master and on the back of the tank to take full advantage of the EcoSmart modes."

Posted Image

:: just a noob ::