Tank water turn slight cloudy (FOWLR)

alanysw

• SRC Member

Hi everyone,

Need some advises on my cloudy tank water. 1 week ago, i just clean up my tank and did some house keeping in my sump. introduce a Biopellet reactor and install a chiller. Water temp drop from 30 to 26 deg. I did stir up a little left over fine sand from the sump (just a slight amount, lesser than a palm size qty). Water clarifty was good until yesterday. Yesterday, i lowered the temp from 27 to 26 deg and today, water is slight cloudy. Fishes are still good and feeding. Can any one give me some advise what i should do? does a UV sterilizer help?

Pls help. Thanks,

Alan

• SRC Member

Thanks Thanks.... I just measure the water parameter.

Ammonia - 0.5ppm

Nitrate -  10ppm

PH 8.5

KH  8

Phospahte 0.25 ppm

Calcium 440

Water still slight cloudy. hopefully will clear up soon. 

• SRC Member

Anyone can advise if is normal that after i run the biopellet reactor and the outlet is very near the skimmer intake. Now my skimmer no longer skimming out dark black skimmate... Instead now is light greenish water. is that normal?

• SRC Member

what about previously all those dark skimmate that my skimmer used to skim out? Btw, water is clearing up.. but still not good enough. I guess it will take weeks before it can clear up.... Hopefully will be fine.... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Just a update, I change to a bigger Biopellet reactor and this time i use about 300ml of NP AIO biopellet (Brown colour type). within a week, my tank is crystal clear. I must say i have not seen such clear water for many many years. But now my skimmer fine bubble level seems to be a bit too low even though i have adjusted almost to the max. Is there anything i can do to adjust the skimmer bubble level higher.. Now the dirty part is below the cup level. doesn't seem to go into the collection cup.