Chinmo's food bowl frozen food training method

chinmo

• SRC Member

Hey fellas, this my method of training the WC SH to frozens, may or may not be sucessful..... but at least it's no harm trying.... :lol:

Stuff u need...

Clear undergravel filter pipe

Ceramic bowl

Bare tank

Live ghost shrimps or more ideal Live MYSIS :yeah:

Tons of frozens Mysis! :upsidedown:

the below pic shows how the setup like.... easy as 123...... :upsidedown:

Try to confine the sh to smaller spaces, so that they do not wander too far from the food bowl, training will be more easier is ur "Students" is paying more attention :lol: The bare tank makes cleaning up the mess easier and SH able to see the food more clearly.

1st step.

feed them with correct sizes Live ghost shrimps or Live mysis... this is to make sure that ur SH is feeding well so that they do not starve too much during e training....

2nd step.

after feeding live for few days...... try offered freshly killed Gs or Ms through the clear pipe, this will draw their attention to the bowl.... try this for a few days, and u c that ur SH will hang ard the foodbowl most of their time.

3rd step.

this time mix e freshly killed live food and Frozens mysis and let it soak in garlicguard, let e food mix sit about 10 mins, them offered the mix through e clear tube, the sh will try to pick on the freshly killed, but in the confusion, the sh will accidently snick up some frozens, repeat step 3 for a week.

4th step

offered frozens mysis soak in garlic guard for 10 mins to the sh first, let them look and stare at the frozens!(hopeful some will ching cai and just snick at the frozens) for abt an hour. Always offered freshly killed live food after that to make sure at least they ate something for e rest of e day.

eventually u find some(not all will) sh starting to snick at frozens, if not u just gonna have to pray hard! :lol:

Hopefully my method helps. :upsidedown:

post-32-1111503140.jpg

• Like 1

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
Nice SH...Can C u spent a lot of time on you horsey. Now my turn for bsy caring on the redi flies. Hope to hv success this time............

yap, almost 12 hrs aday is spent with Seahorses! Even OC is complaining! gotta watch my timetable liao! :lol:

:yeah: Bro Ong, next time we do a fries xchange leh.... :P

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
Exchange ah. ...OK ! Will let you know when my next batch out. Should be fast.......

:P Xchange better... cos bo money liao.... :lol:

• SRC Member
;) 3 out of the 6 WC i had is confrim eating frozens! left with 3 to go! :lol:

• SRC Member

Way to go bro.

How's your SH fies? Have they start eating frozen? Saw you msg. in Seahrose.org. Seem doing very well too! My 7 days today, still remain 40+, all eating well. Hope will cont' doing the same........ B)

:cry: my 1 mths fries all gone AGAIN! lost them to some deadly fungus diesease! learnt a lesson though...... gotta do better with this new batch! :P

All the best to u bro! wish u more sucess! ;)