MP40 Turn by itself

stmomo

iirc, the MP40wES night mode default is 10hrs and run at 50% of the day speed, but you still can increase/decrease the night hrs and night mode speed if you want to ( refers to page 27 of MP40wES Full Manual).

Yes, normal white vinegar.

MP40wES Full Manual

Quick Start Manual

Thanks Bro.... Last night I got it working for the night mode... many thanks.... appreciate it..... :bow:

Main Tank: 4x2x2 with 5 FT Piano Finishing Cabinet

Sump Tank: 32" by 18" by 16"

Arctica Chiller 1/4 HP DBE 200

Vortech MP40wES Wavemaker

Skimz 201 Skimmer

DE Lighting Retro Fit 6x54W T5 tubes

Eheim 1264 Chiller and Return Pump

American Pinpoint PH and Temperature Monitor

KDK 15WUD Chiller Compartment Fan

Tunze Osmolator ATO

Thanks Bro.... Last night I got it working for the night mode... many thanks.... appreciate it..... :bow:

I gave up on using the night mode. My house power will occasionally trip due to a suspected faulty light switch, luckily usually when there's ppl in the house. And the timing for the night mode will need to be reset again once power is cut to the MP40. You might want to take note of that. :)

I gave up on using the night mode. My house power will occasionally trip due to a suspected faulty light switch, luckily usually when there's ppl in the house. And the timing for the night mode will need to be reset again once power is cut to the MP40. You might want to take note of that. :)

Ok Noted... thanks.... :)

Skimz 201 Skimmer

Tunze Osmolator ATO

I have the similar light swithch problem with one of the MP40w when it is in night mode... I think it has to do with the driver (the trip might be due to the overheating) rather than the wet side (as I use 4 different wet sides to test/check)...and it usually has another syn problem as slave pump for the problem pump.. so what I do as work around is to put a timer and turn off the pumps as certain time interval to simulate the hight/low tide flow.. :thumbsup:

As for the rest of the three MP40w, I set one as master with two slaves - the slave pump on the same side set as syn slave (white light) and the other pump of the opposite side as anti-syn (orange light). The night mode starts for the three pumps at around 0130 hrs in the interval of 15 mins. Once the three pumps are in night mode, the fourth pump is turn on:

Normal Night mode

Pump1 (Master) 1030 - 0130 0130 - 1030

Pump2 (Slave-anti syn ) 1045 - 0145 0145 - 1045

Pump3 (Slave-syn) 1100 - 0200 0200 - 1100

Pump4 (Stand alone) 1300 - 2300 2300 - 0200 (off)

0200 - 1100 1100 - 2300 (off)

:yahoo:

fts-022012.JPG

Hi guys... thanks for the advice... it seems like is ok now after i scrap and clean the inner part of the tank....

Btw, jus wondering th bros here ON their MP40 wavemaker 24/7 or ON/OFF on certain timing.... wanna share yr setup?

Thanks a lot..... :bow:

I have mine on when the lights come on.That will be about 12hrs.It's off in the night using a timer.This is to allow the corals to rest.

I have mine on when the lights come on.That will be about 12hrs.It's off in the night using a timer.This is to allow the corals to rest.

Thanks for sharing bro..... y don u use the night mode and adjust the speed to the min? I just felt that everytime on and off the controller like not very good leh......

Skimz 201 Skimmer

Tunze Osmolator ATO

I have the similar light swithch problem with one of the MP40w when it is in night mode... I think it has to do with the driver (the trip might be due to the overheating) rather than the wet side (as I use 4 different wet sides to test/check)...and it usually has another syn problem as slave pump for the problem pump.. so what I do as work around is to put a timer and turn off the pumps as certain time interval to simulate the hight/low tide flow.. :thumbsup:

As for the rest of the three MP40w, I set one as master with two slaves - the slave pump on the same side set as syn slave (white light) and the other pump of the opposite side as anti-syn (orange light). The night mode starts for the three pumps at around 0130 hrs in the interval of 15 mins. Once the three pumps are in night mode, the fourth pump is turn on:

Normal Night mode

Pump1 (Master) 1030 - 0130 0130 - 1030

Pump2 (Slave-anti syn ) 1045 - 0145 0145 - 1045

Pump3 (Slave-syn) 1100 - 0200 0200 - 1100

Pump4 (Stand alone) 1300 - 2300 2300 - 0200 (off)

0200 - 1100 1100 - 2300 (off)

:yahoo:

Hehehe, what I mean is one of the light switch in my house is faulty, i.e. sometimes when the light switch is turn off, it will trip my whole house. Nothing to do with the aquarium or the MP40. That's why I gave up setting the night mode for my MP40.

What I do is sometimes I change the MP40 from short pulse mode (usual mode setting) to NTM or RCM over the night and switch back to short pulse in the morning again.

Hehehe, what I mean is one of the light switch in my house is faulty, i.e. sometimes when the light switch is turn off, it will trip my whole house. Nothing to do with the aquarium or the MP40. That's why I gave up setting the night mode for my MP40.

What I do is sometimes I change the MP40 from short pulse mode (usual mode setting) to NTM or RCM over the night and switch back to short pulse in the morning again.

:poster_oops:

fts-022012.JPG

Yo guys.... the wetside start to rotate again... but this time 2-3days then very slight rotation..... can i set the pin setup to 15mm to make the magnectic stronger although my glass is 12mm?

Skimz 201 Skimmer

Tunze Osmolator ATO

Yo guys.... the wetside start to rotate again... but this time 2-3days then very slight rotation..... can i set the pin setup to 15mm to make the magnectic stronger although my glass is 12mm?

If I remember correctly, the pins are in measurement of inches, not mm. What's ur current pin setting now? In mm or inches?

If I remember correctly, the pins are in measurement of inches, not mm. What's ur current pin setting now? In mm or inches?

Yes that right Bro..... My current setup for the Pin is 1/2 Inch which is around 12mm. Can i set it to 3/4 Inch, around 19mm, instead so that the magnetic will be stronger? will hv any impact on the performance or the reliability? Any bros here tried that before? Thanks.....

Skimz 201 Skimmer

Tunze Osmolator ATO

Yes that right Bro..... My current setup for the Pin is 1/2 Inch which is around 12mm. Can i set it to 3/4 Inch, around 19mm, instead so that the magnetic will be stronger? will hv any impact on the performance or the reliability? Any bros here tried that before? Thanks.....

I never try that before but I think shouldn't be a problem. Maybe other bros can give advice.

I'm more curious as to what's the reason your wet side turn. Have you check the sponge on the wet side? If it have lost it's friction, thus causing a lost of girp on the glass.

I never try that before but I think shouldn't be a problem. Maybe other bros can give advice.

I'm more curious as to what's the reason your wet side turn. Have you check the sponge on the wet side? If it have lost it's friction, thus causing a lost of girp on the glass.

Hi Bro, ya.. the wet side sponge is ok leh..... only 3mnths old.....

Any Bos hv tried with a stronger magnetic setup for their MP40? Can advice? Many Thanks...... :bow:

Skimz 201 Skimmer

Tunze Osmolator ATO