Purple & Yellow Tang

yourdi3

Hey dear Reefers,

Currently have a Purple Tang for the last 4 months but just yesterday went down to Pasir Ris Farm and couldn't resist but bought a Yellow Tang, but when i came back switched off all the lights n put the Yellow Tang, all was ok. But came this morning when i start to turn the lights on, the Purple Tang keeps chasing the Yellow Tang up n down, just wondering is it normal or what can i do to help the Yellow guy from being attacked?

Can any brothers help to enlighten me.

Many Thanks

it's known that pt & yt will fight especially both have same body shape. it's normal for the pt to show aggression as it already establish his territory. I guess u can try to rescape and release them together to trick the pt. just my 2cts.

~ 24 June 2012 ~

Main Tank Display- 4ft (L) x 2ft (W) x 2.5ft (H) 3side view

Return Pump- 2x Eheim 1262

Wavemaker- Conch II + Tunze

Skimmer- Hydor Performer 700DP

Lighting- Sun System Tek-Light T5 8 x ATI 54W

Chiller- Hailea 1/4hp

Reactor- Skimz FR Rowaphos

Dosing Pump- Bubble Magus BM-T01

-Refugium-

Bro p/t & y/t will fight each other in the tank it normal due to colour although they are the tank family. I have encounter before so I just leave it about 3 day later it become a pair .Bro dont worry.happy reefing!

• 2 weeks later...

i used to have the same problem..

but like what pitto mentioned, I removed both of them 1st, but i didn't do a huge rescaping..

i did shift a few rocks around, but i added A LOT of red bamboo..

seemed like the red bamboo created some visual obstacle for both the tangs and they did not turn to each other with as much aggression as when they were in full, clear view of each other..

also, the extra food could have made them too happy to wanna fight for the time-being.. when all the red bamboo was gone, they were already used to each other's presence..