New to 4-2-2 tank with coral need help

digleftnose

• SRC Member

Hello another forum! I just received my 4 feet tank yesterday. Bad news is that i would only receive my sump in a week or so because the current sump could not fit my skimmer. I had it redesigned to also house a refugium.

Currently i made the water and salt mixture, filled it half my tank and let it circulate with a pump.

Do you guys have any suggestion on what i can do in the mean time while waiting for my sump to arrive?

U will probably need a wavemaker for aeration and circulation. If not liverocks will foul up and your house will stink to the high heavens.

On a side note, you may want to wait for your tank to be completely ready before u start filling up with water and etc.

Best thing to do imo is to start shopping for the essential equipments at this stage

U will probably need a wavemaker for aeration and circulation. If not liverocks will foul up and your house will stink to the high heavens. On a side note, you may want to wait for your tank to be completely ready before u start filling up with water and etc. Best thing to do imo is to start shopping for the essential equipments at this stage
Yup agreed! U may start only if u really can't wait. However when e sump comes in, e installation of e pipes n stuff will be a bit inconvenient

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

• SRC Member

kick start cycling let the sand settle down (if u r using live sand) at least like this your sump wont have sand debris all over the place.

can finalize rockscape too (thou murky water may make it hard) at least by the time your skimmer starts running the epoxy wont make it go that crazy :)