Different View On Bristle Worms

I saw a lot of discussion about this bristle worm on this forum,

* some say need to take out, some say its ok as it scavenge uneaten foods,

* some say it eat anemone or fish, some say it does not disturb corals and fishes

Probably I saw one or two worms crawling under my LR but I find it troublesome to capture it.

Some recommends to flush it out but sacrificing bacteria although bacteria can come back few more weeks.

Maybe this is the time to rescape the tank, flush all worms and crabs, but it looks like starting from zero again.

Its my first reef tank and it pretty hard feeling to redo again.

It is worrisome for the fish and corals already in there.

So if you are me, what are you going to do?

I will left it or trap them with pest trap, alternately get some none aggressive predator. Not easy to fully cure the LR..Cheers and Happy Reefing...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

I will left it or trap them with pest trap, alternately get some none aggressive predator. Not easy to fully cure the LR..Cheers and Happy Reefing...

True..but even you fully cured the rock now, eventually you will still some after adding more corals... :unsure: Q

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Only way to remove all worms is to have no sand, rocks, or decorations...running a sterile FOW NO LR display. Leave them alone unless you see damaged corals or missing fish. Then fill panty hose with meaty foods, place in tank overnight, remove in morning. Their legs and mouth parts get stuck. You have serious problems if you got this:

http://www.oregonreef.com/sub_worm.htm