Vertex Omega 150

karlyau

just some update ...

manage to bring down the skimmer to Irwana and get to change a new skimmer body and all problem solve. :thumbsup:

Agreed with bro jand118 all potential buyer should try to fix up the skimmer and the pump to check if got such mfg problem.

It will save all the trouble.

• Like 1

just some update ...

manage to bring down the skimmer to Irwana and get to change a new skimmer body and all problem solve. :thumbsup:

Agreed with bro jand118 all potential buyer should try to fix up the skimmer and the pump to check if got such mfg problem.

It will save all the trouble.

Bro , Glad to hear u hv the skimmer exchanged ! Hv Fun and enjoy with your new Toy ! Cheers !

Bro , Glad to hear u hv the skimmer exchanged ! Hv Fun and enjoy with your new Toy ! Cheers !

No regret buying this skimmer the bubble really nice hehe

Just wana check one thing with you. What is the recommended water level for this skimmer?

Mine was around 9.5-10inch and after 24 hour it still overflowing haha

Should I put the skimmer higher?

No regret buying this skimmer the bubble really nice hehe Just wana check one thing with you. What is the recommended water level for this skimmer? Mine was around 9.5-10inch and after 24 hour it still overflowing haha Should I put the skimmer higher?
If im not wrong u can adjust the red stick and the water level will go down.

No regret buying this skimmer the bubble really nice hehe

Just wana check one thing with you. What is the recommended water level for this skimmer?

Mine was around 9.5-10inch and after 24 hour it still overflowing haha

Should I put the skimmer higher?

Bro ! recommended level is 7.5" to 8" but the operating water level is actually from 7" to 9". Currently my sump water level is between 9 to 9.5" and operating fine tho.

The following are the impt things to take note:

1) Running-in period of 24 hours with the red Riser tube CLOSED ( no output flow frm Skimmer ) and Skimmer cup OFF, this

incidentally will reduce your run-in period.

2)After 24 hours, turn off the skimmer and open up the Riser tube 100% and screw the collection cup back on.

Thereafter turn the skimmer back on and allow water to go thru the skimmer ( it will overflow-no issue at all ) and u may want

to uncover the plug on the skimmer cup drain tube to allow the overflow to drain off into yr sump and it is recommended to let

it run in this fashion for another hour or more ( I let it run for ard 3 hours ) Rational behind is to actually allow the

skimmer internal body to be coated with a layer to facilitate the foam production and adhesion.

3) Lastly adjust the skimmer via the Riser tube to yr desired foam level within the skimmer. ( I tuned my foam level to just below

the neck to obtain a dry skimate )

Hope this help. Following the run-in guidelines to the T will reaped rewards of the skimmer performing optimally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...