New 5ft tank progress

alanseah

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hi

Why not add in all your LR into your new 5ft and let it cycle together with your system, My setup the same as yours, the sand never sim to be clear after 4-5hr of cycling, than I decide to add LR, suprising water turn crystral clear after 1 hr, hope this might help on speeding up your cycle.

• SRC Member
Hi

Why not add in all your LR into your new 5ft and let it cycle together with your system, My setup the same as yours, the sand never sim to be clear after 4-5hr of cycling, than I decide to add LR, suprising water turn crystral clear after 1 hr, hope this might help on speeding up your cycle.

Hi,

Thanx for the info... but as you see I got 100++ kg of LR I cant just throw them in when the water is not even clear enough to see where I'm placing the LR..

Anway yesterday when I'm back home, the water is clear enough for stacking LR.. and I manage to stack all my 100++ kg of LR nicily

Will post more pic of the scaping once the water clear up..

• SRC Member
alan! solid leh... so your new "toy" has finally arrived (the beginning of long overnights)

Congrats!!!

lolz..

thanx.. ya lor finally the long wait is over..

but the that is not the ending but the beginning...of stocking up...

freewill -> if everything go well you mostly able to get my 4ft tank this sunday will let u know again when it's ready..

lolz..

thanx.. ya lor finally the long wait is over..

but the that is not the ending but the beginning...of stocking up...

freewill -> if everything go well you mostly able to get my 4ft tank this sunday will let u know again when it's ready..

bro, this sunday cannot... im going to KL, will onli be back on sunday. (evening time).

you've got PM...

and yes, its the start of backbreaking liao... (mine will start once your tank comes over!)

yup just saw your pm..

dont worry when u r back the tank will be ready for u...

can see your one more backbreaking as you have to repaint the stand and clean the tank etc etc...

well... thats part of the "enjoyment"...

i will call you once im back. to do the arrangement... maybe need to do 2 trips... i will bring the stand back, then come back for the tank... (within the same day).... depends if i can find a pickup...

let you know again...

in the mean time, you enjoy yah...

• SRC Member

with so many fans.... your chiller will definately work lesser than it should be due to the air circulation in your cabinet and water surface which will encourage more evaporation.... however, you must be prepare to have masive water top up as well.....

the fan place in the cabinet will caused very loud "humming sound" as well..... it is going to be very noisy..... my current setup is having 1 unit of 120mm of 0.5A, 12V DC fan, its not so powerful compare to those giant 120mm 230V AC fan but the sound already so loud that i can hear it at the living room (my tank is placed in my study room) so, be prepare for the complain from you family members.

• SRC Member
with so many fans.... your chiller will definately work lesser than it should be due to the air circulation in your cabinet and water surface which will encourage more evaporation.... however, you must be prepare to have masive water top up as well.....

the fan place in the cabinet will caused very loud "humming sound" as well..... it is going to be very noisy..... my current setup is having 1 unit of 120mm of 0.5A, 12V DC fan, its not so powerful compare to those giant 120mm 230V AC fan but the sound already so loud that i can hear it at the living room (my tank is placed in my study room) so, be prepare for the complain from you family members.

hi,

thanx for the advise.. will take note...

I will try it out and let u guys know about the noise level..

• SRC Member

guys...

just test out the 4 server fan (3000 rpm) DC 240v 15W fan...

have DIY 4 of these fan of fans for chiller...

to my surprise... the nosie level is low.. with the cabnet door close I cant even hear any noise unless I place my ear near the door...

:) will take some pic of it once I got back my camera...

• SRC Member
let us know when your tank cycles. interested to know how much time u can shave off with the addition of live sand n the aragonite.

^_^

infact already cycle...

as last measure is less then 0.3 no2

but me still not adding stock as let it cycle longer and water age more...

will only start adding stock this friday or sat which is total if friday will be 7 days of cycle sat will be 8 days of cycle...

as 30++ kg of LR is from my old tank..

and 50++ kg of sand is from my old tank..

and 60++ kg of LR from my fav LFS which is cycle LR too...

:D