Macro algae wanted

Aquareef123

• SRC Member

Bro Cheato Would Be A Better Choice..Caulerpa can go Sexual causing harm To Your tank..you be better off with cheato! :)

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Bro Ashwin,I have tried cheato but doesn't seem to grow well in my refugium. That's why I'm thinking to try others.

i Think Cheato is easy..hmm bro what lighting? No3 level?..Light Duration?

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Lighting is par38. My nitrate about 40. Phosphate too shy to mention. Hehehe.

Haha Hmm Par38 Should be ok..Oh Wow Nitrates at 40..Phos? Why shy haha..We are here to help you lower them..Hmm Looks Good conditions for cheato Wonder Why..Duration?

• SRC Member
Haha Hmm Par38 Should be ok..Oh Wow Nitrates at 40..Phos? Why shy haha..We are here to help you lower them..Hmm Looks Good conditions for cheato Wonder Why..Duration?
I tell u nitrate at 40 u already "Wow". If I tell u my phosphate at 5ppm I'm sure u will faint. Hahaha Anyway I'm lowering it using massive water change, caribsea phos remover and bio-sphere. The last reading is 1.2ppm. I have also removed my sump DSB and siphoning out my shallow sand bed. Will be putting a lot of wave maker to make sure debris are suspended. If all these still don't work u will see my post on decomm sales. Hehehe

• SRC Member

I tell u nitrate at 40 u already "Wow". If I tell u my phosphate at 5ppm I'm sure u will faint. HahahaAnyway I'm lowering it using massive water change, caribsea phos remover and bio-sphere. The last reading is 1.2ppm. I have also removed my sump DSB and siphoning out my shallow sand bed. Will be putting a lot of wave maker to make sure debris are suspended. If all these still don't work u will see my post on decomm sales. Hehehe

il makesure no one buys your sales on pasar malam..so you keep ir LOL!..haha 5ppm..Hmm i think phos for cheato bit high..my nitrate at 20PPM..phos 0.1..Starting vinegar dosing Next Week..to lower them..you could try thaf..bro use faunamarines rowafloss ir rowaphoss and biosphere..But your nitrates work hand in hand..haha..Never give up bro! :)

• SRC Member
il makesure no one buys your sales on pasar malam..so you keep ir LOL!..haha 5ppm..Hmm i think phos for cheato bit high..my nitrate at 20PPM..phos 0.1..Starting vinegar dosing Next Week..to lower them..you could try thaf..bro use faunamarines rowafloss ir rowaphoss and biosphere..But your nitrates work hand in hand..haha..Never give up bro! :)
No body buy I will bring to your house. Hahaha. Is that your beemer on your avatar? Nice car bro. Btw, what is the advantage of vinegar dosing versus sugar or vodka?

• SRC Member

No body buy I will bring to your house. Hahaha.Is that your beemer on your avatar? Nice car bro.Btw, what is the advantage of vinegar dosing versus sugar or vodka?

Haha No lah its a M3 i just Have a F10 lol..Advantage is Nitrates And Phosphates can Drop Easily,Flexibility on feeding,nittrates stay low..if you do use vinegar..vodka bit..crazy stuff lol haha im starting next week with 5ML White Vinegar then slowly adjust my Amount needed..

I think you can consider slowly dosing Iron supplements if cheatos not growing. But dose it with small amount first as it would enhance the growth of any algae in the tank or refugium. I suggest 2 brands I know of... Microbe-Lift Chelated Iron and Brightwell Ferrion. As a bonus this also are said to enhance coral colours.

• SRC Member

Wow nice car bro. :)I spent last night siphoning my sand bed. Until now still milky and I still have 20% sand inside the tank. Very hard to get them all out unless I take out all LR. Sianzzzz !!!!

how deep is your DSB?..Siphon but dont mix or stir it...I only use 1"of DSB and Siphon out half 2Weeks once..

• SRC Member
how deep is your DSB?..Siphon but dont mix or stir it...I only use 1"of DSB and Siphon out half 2Weeks once..
My DSB was external inside the sump. It was around 6 inches. Took 2 toyoga tub to get them out. My tank has shallow sand bed. Also one toyogo tub. 1" is not DSB lah. Hehehe. U siphon out your sand bed or just do siphoning to clean the sand bed?

• SRC Member

Haha SSB Is mine shallow..Yeah to clean remove tang poo lol..wah! 6"In Sump that your prob lah haha..Sure trap Ditrius one haha remove slowly and water change..should be ok.. Than maintain..You use Filter Socks ?....Clean them daily and no sponge or canister filters