PRIZM Skimmer

Domino

by the way what make u so sure?

Hi Sunnymau,

I believe your initial question is what is the HOT skimmer that is most value for money. And my recomendation is Aqua C Remora pro.

However, I read that you already have a Prizm, my conviction is that since you already have it might as well use it and at the same time save up for a better one.

Prizm is a decent skimmer, I have research about it previouly before and I also have a friend in US that uses it herewith is his comment: "Air tends to get trapped in the intake tube behind the flow adjustment dial. Don't get me wrong, the Prizm isn't a horrible skimmer for the price". Also Prizm is a product of a very reputable company (Red Sea)

Besides, all of the above are just our opinions & experiences.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• Sponsor

:lol: Well said Gouldian! :D Looking at all the comments, it's great to know that hobbyists are willing to share and learn from each other. The PRIZM skimmer has worked well for many systems so far and as mentioned, distributed by established companies like Red Sea. The concern I think would be value for money part. Perhaps judging the skimmer by the amount of kopi O might not be enough as different systems generate different amounts of waste.

Practical Fishkeeping conducts equipment tests and publish their findings often...can check for reference too. ;)

• SRC Member

Wow :yeah: !! Never tought I would get so much feedback :rolleyes: !!

:thanks::bow::thanks:

I think I'll consider the remora (just need to budget it...).

For the time being I just use a bottle with holes on the side to remove the oil film once in a while.

For the future, I really need a good HOT skimmer with surface skimmer!

:thanks: for all the replies!!

B)