Fish over eating

alvin

Currently I have a problem with my sailfin tang. He eats way too much. 

Whenever I feed the fishes, he is the only one who gobbles everything continuously. I am not worried that the other fishes dont get enough but I am afraid that he over eats. 

He is the fattest fish and his body width is twice that of his tail thickness. 

He is still healthy and swimming around. However I know over eating is bad. Is there a way to curb his eating?

Also I just got a foureyed butterfly fish yesterday. I understand that it is almost impossible to keep due to its sensitivity. Any tips on that as well?

• SRC Member

Ur sailfin tang remind me of my vlamingi n unicorn tang a year ago..they will keep eating continuously n look like pregnant..they want to grow up.. now they have grown up n not that round as maybe need to feed more..haha

Now its my sohal tang that eat the fastest n he's obese too..not much to worry yea..its just that need to do more wc yea..haha

Good luck to any butterfly fish..if they r feeding on pellets vigorously, not too much to worry yea..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

Ur sailfin tang remind me of my vlamingi n unicorn tang a year ago..they will keep eating continuously n look like pregnant..they want to grow up.. now they have grown up n not that round as maybe need to feed more..haha

Now its my sohal tang that eat the fastest n he's obese too..not much to worry yea..its just that need to do more wc yea..haha

Good luck to any butterfly fish..if they r feeding on pellets vigorously, not too much to worry yea..

Thanks Ken Yee.

Yeah he is the biggest in my tank now. He is literally almost half size bigger than my yellow tang which was the same size when i bought them together.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...