Tank in balcony

kilo

are you living in a hdb?

understand from a structure engineer that the balcony is the weakest link of the entire hdb, reason, it is not fully supported/envelope with beam/wall, only 3 side at max. so bear in mind the weight of the tank vs the integrity of the structure.

2 minutes ago, hazelnut said:

are you living in a hdb?

understand from a structure engineer that the balcony is the weakest link of the entire hdb, reason, it is not fully supported/envelope with beam/wall, only 3 side at max. so bear in mind the weight of the tank vs the integrity of the structure.

ops sorry, miss your earlier post, saw you stay in a condo.

it would advise you not to put in balcony thou, is there any room in your living room?

• 4 months later...

I have the same concern on the floor loading limit at balcony. planing to put a tank of 210 liters of 45cm by 120cm square area but condo management came back saying balcony floor limit at 1.5kn/m2. Anyone with same issue? How to resolve?

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same concern on the floor loading limit at balcony. planing to put a tank of 210 liters of 45cm by 120cm square area but condo management came back saying balcony floor limit at 1.5kn/m2. Anyone with same issue? How to resolve?

The best you can do is to engage a PE to do calculations. I gave up the idea of putting in the balcony since i am also staying in condo. Condo management tend to be more picky unless you don't inform them
Something similar happen in my factory. The equipment is heavy on a small foot print. We install a plate to distribute the load and a PE need to endorse it.

Hope it helps

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 7 months later...