Fluval edge 12G reef tank

jksn_

• SRC Member

Hey guys! Just wanna hear what ya’ll think of my new tank, like what can i apply to a small system like mine and as much adive you guys can give

im rockin’ a Fluval edge 12G (modified) equipped with

- kessil a80 with a controller

- fluval C2

- carbon bag

- caribsea Hawaiian black sand

- reef rock 2.1

- RO/DI water with red sea salt

- planning to get a tunze osmolator nano too

What corals should i keep?

What fish would suit best in my setup?

What and how much inverts do i need?

Thanks in advance reefers!

c4a4c53e74aa02915968ab61ac21dbe4.jpg629851a567fd2967117b74f1d7589ead.jpg09fbffc498f3ebc1bc629d7e7871c48a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the hobby!

Similar to you, i also started off this marine hobby with a fluval 12g. Seeing as how your system is still new, remember to run through some test kits(ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) before adding your lifestock! Most definitely invest in a magnet cleaner, it would be extremely beneficial!

As for livestock, you can look towards a pair of clownfish(designer or normal) and perhaps gobies or smaller kinds of fish(fire goby etc). I assume that you do not have a chiller currently, so you should look towards gsp(green star polyps) and zoas as they are more tolerant of higher temperature than most corals. For inverts, you can look towards a clean up crew consisting of a variety of snails to help reduce waste and eat nuisance algae (turbo, nassarius, hermit crabs). I would recommend around 5 snails as a starter. 

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask ! :D

• 2 weeks later...