High Temperature At 30 Degrees

lona

• SRC Member

Iona,

I don advise u to use/DIY those PC fans. Tried twice & only last for 3-4 weeks :pirate: These PC fans burn out very fast. Maybe because I on it 24 hrs a day. The clip-on fan still more reliable, powerful & cheap. NTUC selling those 7" for $25. Used mine for 1 yr now & still working fine. Just added another 6" 2 months ago. Temp now is average 27C. Remember to top up fresh water when u use fans.

PH is definitely a culprit for heat. So is the light. I have changed my lighting using e-ballast & the heat is much lesser now.

Suggest u act fast because weather is getting hot again.

• SRC Member
what kinda lights are u using? i notice ever since i add an 15w actinic fl to my tank, it really heats up the water.

my tank stays 27-28 most of the time except for afternoon when aircon goes off. noon temp can go 29 usually, but still under 30.

i notice even the fl holder heats up really hot unlike my pl.

Neat trick:

If the end of your light casing is in a splash-free zone, taking off one of the end-caps of the hood really keeps things cool with the same amount of light.