Wats the diff btw NAUI n PADI

dravan

• SRC Member

seriously, no diff between both.. both have good diving practices, and teaches u how to dive safely. If u dun adhere to the practices, even if u learn from the inventor of scuba also no use... some say tat NAUI is more difficult to pass.. i cant comment on that coz me have been PADI all the way.. :)

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

I took up NAUI last time as the course seem to be spread out more evenly and not as "fast" as PADI. However i'm not sure if it is due to the scuba centre training schedule etc. And the price for Naui package is slightly cheaper then padi previously thus making it an additional plus factor :)

Hi, I don't think that difference in NAUI and PADI is the price. I just came back from my course with NAUI last weekend and I paid $500 for it. But I was very pleased because the school's instructors are all very professional, good and safe. We also learnt extra skills like navigation and rescue. I'm not sure if the other NAUI institutes teach the same thing though.

• SRC Member
I heard that there was a training accident in malaysia last weekend where a trainee drowned doing out of air skills. Anyone got news?

:shock: are you sure ? cannot anyhow say leh.... but out of air drill is very simple one leh....

• SRC Member
It was in TODAY newspaper. This is sad.

More details

It was in New Paper not Today.

Is the OW diver over weight? Descended too fast? Cause eardrum to burst and bleed?

• SRC Member

Pls refrain from speculating on the incident. It is a sad day for the diving industry.

TO me, It does not matter if u are certified from SSI, Naui, Padi, or some other what have u, as long as it teaches safe diving and u adhere to it, u are safe. At the end of the day, all dive institutions teaches u how to dive safely. Once u get your certification, it is up to u to practise the safety procedures and dive to your own limits.

When u make a decision to go beyond what was taught and dive deeper or whatsoever, u made the decision and bear the consequences.

One thing that i always adhere to: There is always another dive, another trip. So what if i miss this dive/trip? If u are unable to dive or felt uncomfortable abt the dive, stay calm and as long as u have the regulator in your mouth and u rememberto breathe, u should be fine. Next, think of your next course of action, what to do, to ascend slightly to reach the depth u are comfortable with or abort the dive? No one is going to call u chicken or wuss... u are just being careful.

Dun bow to peer pressure as u are the one taking the risk and not your friends.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.