pl light..

:) hi reefers out there....need advise.....me using 18 w pl light with 2 tubes....white/blue in my 2 ft tank.........for the white tube , i'm using 7000k.....my question is..is it possible to change from 7000k to a 10000k without changing the ballast?......can the ballast take the extra pressure?...thks....me still a newbie on lighting....... :thanks::thanks:

:) hi reefers out there....need advise.....me using 18 w pl light with 2 tubes....white/blue in my 2 ft tank.........for the white tube , i'm using 7000k.....my question is..is it possible to change from 7000k to a 10000k without changing the ballast?......can the ballast take the extra pressure?...thks....me still a newbie on lighting....... :thanks::thanks:

7000k to 1000k ... hee , they are just the colour temperature ... it will not be a prob ... unless u are changing from 18w to like 55w ... then ur ballest will burst ... haha ... ;)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

but again 18w is a bit low for 2 feet tank ya ... my tank is also 2 feet but i am using total 132w pl ....

viewing pleasure is very limited for 18w even if u are FOWLR....

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10