Max tempreture sps can take??

• SRC Member
Cedric, my MHs are 3x250w & 2x58W actinic all running on 1 power point. Would the Fox controller be able to handle the current draw in my case pls? thanks!

Hi AlfaRomeo, sorry I didn't read this earlier. Nope, the FOX controller cannot handle your draw. You will need a contactor definitely! ;)

Comments are welcome!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
As for relays or contactors, I do not use any because my amperage usage does not warrant the use of one. Take into consideration for your load and startup amp and add a safety factor! Only you can decide if it is safe enough to run without a relay coz I do not know what is your electrical load! :)

what equipment are u using your fox with..

MH?

i will be using it with Atman MH 600.

so need any relay,,

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
I'm using it to run 2 x 150w MH only so it is enough for me. :)

so u mean if we just more than your current voltage need to use amp?

what is the highest amt of voltage for the fox controller (3AMP) which does not require relay?

me from multimedia in poly not from ENginn or electronics

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

Power (W) measured in Watts is equal to Voltage (V) measured in Volts multiply by Current (I) measured in Ampere (A):

W = V x I

So with 230V x 3A = 690W, the FOX Controller can support 690W of Power. Of course, you need to factor in a safety margin, so anything below 600W should be no problem.