Yuma disappeared!

d00d

• SRC Member

Have three yumas on this LR for a week or so.

Then one disappeared over night. After one week a second one was halved overnight! It was like split into half... :shock:

Then the next night the last one gone totally.

I see small green bits of yuma on the sandbed. <_< I am not sure what's in the tank that is doing this to my yumas...Could it be a crab? :unsure:

Btw just to mention, the LR that the yumas are on, always have powdery mustard coloured stuff piling up on the sandbed. Its like something burrowing in the LR on one side and everything is pushed onto the sandbed. Hmm...anyone got this experience? Could it be the culprit? :evil:

• SRC Member

I dun think its a worm dude. Could it be crabs? :unsure:

Saw a hermit crab with a 20cent coin shell crawling around.

Also I saw a large crab in my LR. Small one not so bad, but this one is like 1 dollar in size. Could it be the culprit? Hehe... currently making a trap to catch it for all to analyse. ;)

• SRC Member

The hermit/crab in yur tank must have developed a rather exquisite taste... :nc:

I Read that the mushy family are naturally distasteful to predators...

They have a type of toxin in their tissue, which they release when they are damaged. This can be seen as slime when u do fragging of the mushies or yumas.

Then again... i might be wrong.

My 1/2cent worth. :P

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy