Advise on Return Pump

Rocks

• SRC Member

I am using Quiet One 6000. (5800L/hour)

At 2metre head loss, the water output into my tank is reasonably strong.

Furthemore, I have one way valve that reduce the water flow.

Before that, I almost bought OR6500.

But comparing the head loss graph, it is not much a diff except your pocket burns by more than double.

Now my Quiet One has been running and proven, I am glad that I did not spend my money wastefully on OR pumps. ;)

Value + Performance = Quiet One. :D

• SRC Member

I think you should weigh the importance of each equipment one by one.

EG......if the return pump fails what is the backup...maybe your tunze or seio for a while....if chiller pump breaks down or slow down ...how soon should I replace them......

But through experience in fresh & seawater I see no reason why we should not get a better brand & make even if its slighty more for the money.

• SRC Member
Yeap like Bro Alfa said.

MH, return pump (assuming chiller return back to main tank), skimmer, CR all can fail but not the chiller or chiller pump :P

Best is to get a backup (I want but pocket won't allow) :P

I know the importance and I almost kanna because my resun MD40 running my chiller up lorry on one monday but the lucky thing is I am still asleep and the damn thing got burned and tripped my house ELCB so I had time to make corrective action.

If that happens 2 hrs later when I am way to work, then still okie because my UPS would have kicked in and my tunze will still be running but sooner or later the temp will raise and all my SPS will up lorry :P

weileong

can tell me more about the UPS you are using? brand, price, where to get, etc?

thought of getting one..

CHEERS!

Rocks

• SRC Member
I am using Quiet One 6000. (5800L/hour)

At 2metre head loss, the water output into my tank is reasonably strong.

Furthemore, I have one way valve that reduce the water flow.

Before that, I almost bought OR6500.

But comparing the head loss graph, it is not much a diff except your pocket burns by more than double.

Now my Quiet One has been running and proven, I am glad that I did not spend my money wastefully on OR pumps. ;)

Value + Performance = Quiet One. :D

sugi,

can tell me more about your QuietOne 6000 pump ?

power comsumption (watts)?

flowrate at 1.6 metre? (according to the head loss graph)

price?

where to get?

in/out sump?

heat/noise?

Thanks!

CHEERS!

Rocks

• SRC Member

Agreed with the rest about getting a more reliable pump for chiller / return ... at least i can sleep better at night and concentrate on my work in office. :lol::lol:

Thank you to all that share your experiences and recommendation. Most appreciated !

CHEERS!

Rocks

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
I am using the APC smart-UPS. You can contact APC singapore on where they are avaliable.

which equipment you connect via the UPS ?

just to find out ... if i have 2 circulation pumps (total of 30watts) connect via the APC smart-UPS unit, in situation of a power failure, how long will the battery last supporting the 2 pumps?

CHEERS!

Rocks