Return Pump Advise

kareen

• SRC Member

I'm currently using a Ehiem 1060 as the return pump and from what I read, the turnover rate is not enough for my tank so I'm thinking to change that. Any advise appreciate.

Currently considering either

Eheim 1264 - 1100 gal/hr (4500l/hr) Pwr : 100W , Price???

or

Quiet One 6000 - 1506 gal/hr (5700l/hr) Pwr : 140W , Price???

I intend to put in the OCEAN Current 1/2" oscillator (wavemaker) and my tank height is 1.6m (6 feet)

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

yes, the tank cabinet plus tank = 1.6 m. Buget, as long as it is reasonable or below $300. Prefer to be internal and not much concern for wattage.

here's one suggestion, but i hv never use it b4, maybe u wld like to ask for reviews.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19591

alternatively, u can try marine depot. flubberina13 is doing a bulk order from there.

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_powerh...dex.asp?CartId=

note the prices r in USD and the voltage is 110V

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Bro your return is 1060?? or 1260?

1264 no more in production due to excessive noise.

A 1262 cost around 200 bucks. its the highest output eheim product in Singapore.

If you need anything higher in output, Resun MD55 maybe just able to do the job. Iwaki md55 is :blink:

Atman came out a series of pump that can handle up till 8000 litre per hour. The pump is quite big. Cost around 110~120 bucks. Can pm me if you need to know where to get the cheaper pumps (eheim, resun, atman etc..) :D

• SRC Member
Bro your return is 1060?? or 1260?

1264 no more in production due to excessive noise.

A 1262 cost around 200 bucks. its the highest output eheim product in Singapore.

If you need anything higher in output, Resun MD55 maybe just able to do the job. Iwaki md55 is 

Atman came out a series of pump that can handle up till 8000 litre per hour. The pump is quite big. Cost around 110~120 bucks. Can pm me if you need to know where to get the cheaper pumps (eheim, resun, atman etc..) 

my return is 1060 (a previous return pump I use previously) and I believe it is the same as 1260.

No wonder I cannot find 1264 at all..... hm..... Space is a constraint 'cos I hope I can juz replace the pump inside the sump tank unless someone help me change the piping..... Any good and reliable pump to recomend?

Bro, pm you..... (BTW, I'm :kiss: )