Resun Cl-280

kamiru

• SRC Member

i used to have this chiller too. But sold away as i converted my tank to FOWLR.

This is 1 of the function of this chiller. It cool ur tank temp down to ur desired Temp(The 1 tat u set) and stop. But after the sensor in the chiller detected a 1 deg rise above ur desired temp. It will start to chill again. This is suppose to save on ur electric.

If any of my info is incorrect...hope some bro will correct me. thanx.

• SRC Member
i used to have this chiller too. But sold away as i converted my tank to FOWLR.

This is 1 of the function of this chiller. It cool ur tank temp down to ur desired Temp(The 1 tat u set) and stop. But after the sensor in the chiller detected a 1 deg rise above ur desired temp. It will start to chill again. This is suppose to save on ur electric.

If any of my info is incorrect...hope some bro will correct me. thanx.

So is this normal for it to rest for 3~5mins then start to cool down when it sense a temp rise? Or for chillers, are they supposed to run the whole day long? Sorry Bros, need more info about chillers operation, i am just afraid that the electric bills boom.

• SRC Member

So is this normal for it to rest for 3~5mins then start to cool down when it sense a temp rise? Or for chillers, are they supposed to run the whole day long? Sorry Bros, need more info about chillers operation, i am just afraid that the electric bills boom.

hmm..this is a normal function for this Resun Cl-280. But 1 thing..if u are afraid of ur electrical bills to go high...try setting the temp at 27 or 28. Even when i keep corals last time with MH lights. i set at 27. Mine normally rest for 30mins before it start running again..maybe u set to a temp that is too low..i am not sure...hope some bro will help..And it also depends on the HP of the chiller. if i remember correctly, this chiller run a 1/10hp. Which consume more power then the other brands.

• SRC Member

resun resun....its chiller got quite some controversy

some use it without prob some face problems like yours.

but one thing is quite certain...usually the frequent on and offs is due to wrong flowrate u r using...u need to change the flworate until it ons then offs for quite some time.

mine can off up to hour half b4 it ons again. mine is cl450 btw.

set at 25.

i had a prob with it wen i set at 27.

then it on freaking fast, like rest only 10mins on again....confirm sth wrong

so either u change your temp setting or change flowrate....the 2 must match.

that's according to my experience with resun

• SRC Member
resun resun....its chiller got quite some controversy

some use it without prob some face problems like yours.

but one thing is quite certain...usually the frequent on and offs is due to wrong flowrate u r using...u need to change the flworate until it ons then offs for quite some time.

mine can off up to hour half b4 it ons again. mine is cl450 btw.

set at 25.

i had a prob with it wen i set at 27.

then it on freaking fast, like rest only 10mins on again....confirm sth wrong

so either u change your temp setting or change flowrate....the 2 must match.

that's according to my experience with resun

lol..i got the oppsite problem as u bro..mine if set at 25...on freaking fast...if set at 27. 30mins rest n run again den rest 30mins again..Then mostly likely might be the flowfate.

Kamiru, wad pump u using?

• SRC Member

lol..i got the oppsite problem as u bro..mine if set at 25...on freaking fast...if set at 27. 30mins rest n run again den rest 30mins again..Then mostly likely might be the flowfate.

Kamiru, wad pump u using?

I am using a dymax 1200L/H PH

• SRC Member
think need to take into accoutn head pressure?

cos tt affects flowrate

but even more likely might be espresso and kamiru's chiller each got its own character la....haha....both need different flowrates i guess

Shoelevy, what is your pump model & flow rate?

• SRC Member
think need to take into accoutn head pressure?

cos tt affects flowrate

but even more likely might be espresso and kamiru's chiller each got its own character la....haha....both need different flowrates i guess

maybe this is when

'sigh Resun Resun Resun sigh' comes into play again..lol..

• SRC Member

i'm setting 27... but my temp is maintained 26-27 degrees....

u shld use another thermometer to tell ur tank temp... the temp on the chiller is not precise one.... set a temp suitably for maintaining ur tank temp to , i wld recommend less than 27.5... it's sufficient for even softies n sps...

by setting 25 ur chiller might be workin too hard... cos temp gets harder n harder to go down at a lower temp...

it is supposed to on for some time... then off for some time.... it shld rest for quite a while... then when ur chiller detects 2 degrees rise, it will kick in again....

• SRC Member
i'm setting 27... but my temp is maintained 26-27 degrees....

u shld use another thermometer to tell ur tank temp... the temp on the chiller is not precise one.... set a temp suitably for maintaining ur tank temp to , i wld recommend less than 27.5... it's sufficient for even softies n sps...

by setting 25 ur chiller might be workin too hard... cos temp gets harder n harder to go down at a lower temp...

it is supposed to on for some time... then off for some time.... it shld rest for quite a while... then when ur chiller detects 2 degrees rise, it will kick in again....

So, what is the interval between the switching on & off of the chiller? mine very fast.

• SRC Member
bro shoelevy u turn it on at 25? how long is the chiller start to kick? :D

sorry ah guys

mine's a cl650...remembered wrongly :paiseh:

i set it at 25 it kicks of for sae 15mins then it'll rest for like 45mins or so.

quite good actually...in fact i think it ons for less than 15mins and rests for longer than 45mins