My New Tank (5'x2'x27")

seamonkee

• SRC Member

Logic point no.1 is debatable. IF its raining? Windows will be closed shut and the chiller will still kick in now and then. :)

Cannot advice you on Teco since I have not own one before. :)

The commercial versions are LOUD when compared to the hobby version. Most of us end up throwing the chiller outside... :)

How many HP chiller u need?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

I dunno how to calculate... now working it out... Do I take the US or UK gallons?

5'x2'x27" main tank gives me 140 UK gallons (168 US gallons)

3'x1.5'x1.5' sump tank gives me another 42 UK gallons (50 US gallons)

Looking at it, I need at least a 3/4 or 1HP... I think.... u are using 1HP izzit?

How is it... possible to come by ur place to see see look look?

Do pm me ur contacts if visit is possible...

Oh yeah, as for logic reason 1.... if it rains.... where my unit is... since it is corridor (won't kana rain even if windows are fully opened)... but definitely wind blast....

• SRC Member

Can anyone help me on the calculations? Still confused here...

Some of the additional points...

1) Not keeping SPS

2) Only have 210watts of T5 lights and 220 watts of two external MAK4 pumps, (One as return and One for skimmer)....

So what hp chiller do I really need.... Pls advise

• SRC Member
Can anyone help me on the calculations? Still confused here...

Some of the additional points...

1) Not keeping SPS

2) Only have 210watts of T5 lights and 220 watts of two external MAK4 pumps, (One as return and One for skimmer)....

So what hp chiller do I really need.... Pls advise

A 1/3hp Daeil will be good.

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

• SRC Member
In my opinion, putting the chiller there would spoil the look of your beautifully decorated home.  Is there anywhere else you could place it?

I cant think of anywhere else leh.... Where do u think is the best.... maybe can help me mark out?

The problem is that it is corridor area... so cannot possibly put it outside the house... :(

• SRC Member

A 1/3hp Daeil will be good.

At moment, Daeil 1/3hp looks really good.... Compact and yet energy saving.... not sure about its performance though... anyone who uses this chiller can feedback?

On top of this, the slim design looks ultra cool (sleek black somemore)... and definitely won't "spoil" my nice home decor... hahaha.. Look state of the art equipment to be proudly displayed.... :lol::D

Understand it is an OEM version of Artica.....

Who can I find out more from, who is the supplier here in Singapore and what are the warranty available (on site or not)???

For those who know, pls advise... thanks...

• SRC Member

I cant think of anywhere else leh.... Where do u think is the best.... maybe can help me mark out?

The problem is that it is corridor area... so cannot possibly put it outside the house... :(

how abt installing a bracket and hang outside the window? like those split unit compressors... :)

• SRC Member

how abt installing a bracket and hang outside the window? like those split unit compressors... :)

Did thought of it but I can't lah... corridor unit and tank is in living room.... outside window is corridor walkway.....

• SRC Member

Okie... after much exploration.... Daeil 1/3 hp seems the most feasible....

considering my low wattage (T5s lighting) and livestock requirements.... and more importantly, this is the only model that can fit into the nice niche on the left side of the tank juz next to the window.... so better ventilation... but judging from the way it is fitted.... the hot air will be blown to the back rather than front... mmpphh... what do u guys think?

But also remember that this spot has the most breeze and wind coming in 24/7 a year.... (since my place is near the sea side)

Last but not least.... the scenario I can think of... since mine is a corridor unit and windows has to be shut when there is no one in...

1) If no one in, then living room gets hot like Africa... (which is actually in line with my house theme).... :lol::D:lol: ... it doesn't matter since no one is in...

2) If someone is in.... good.... open that window for ventilation....

3) If it rains..... doesn't matter... cause tested and proven... rain (no matter how heavy) can never enter my unit....

What do u guys think? would it be a problem if the hot air blowns to the back of the cupboard?

There is a remaining 5cm or so gap between the back of the chiller and wall...

post-34-1108574929.jpg

• SRC Member
Okie... after much exploration.... Daeil 1/3 hp seems the most feasible....

considering my low wattage (T5s lighting) and livestock requirements.... and more importantly,  this is the only model that can fit into the nice niche on the left side of the tank juz next to the window.... so better ventilation... but judging from the way it is fitted.... the hot air will be blown to the back rather than front... mmpphh... what do u guys think?

But also remember that this spot has the most breeze and wind coming in 24/7 a year.... (since my place is near the sea side)

Last but not least.... the scenario I can think of...  since mine is a corridor unit and windows has to be shut when there is no one in...

1) If no one in, then living room gets hot like Africa...  (which is actually in line with my house theme)....  :lol:  :D  :lol: ... it doesn't matter since no one is in...

2) If someone is in.... good.... open that window for ventilation....

3) If it rains..... doesn't matter... cause tested and proven... rain (no matter how heavy) can never enter my unit....

What do u guys think?  would it be a problem if the hot air blowns to the back of the cupboard?

There is a remaining 5cm or so gap between the back of the chiller and wall...

I think 5cm gap may be too tight. Furthermore, with the hot air blowing at the back, my worry is that the wood foil/laminate will warp in the future.

Is it possible to fit the chiller so that the hot air blows out the window?

Or, could you place the chiller outside the window but build a nice box to camouflage it into a shoe rack or stool, etc.?

• SRC Member

At moment, Daeil 1/3hp looks really good.... Compact and yet energy saving.... not sure about its performance though... anyone who uses this chiller can feedback?

On top of this, the slim design looks ultra cool (sleek black somemore)... and definitely won't "spoil" my nice home decor... hahaha.. Look state of the art equipment to be proudly displayed.... :lol::D

Understand it is an OEM version of Artica.....

Who can I find out more from, who is the supplier here in Singapore and what are the warranty available (on site or not)???

For those who know, pls advise... thanks...

I been using the daeil 1/3hp DBM-250 , all i can say it a good chiller , low noise,fast chilling and it come with 1 year on site warrenty and arctica is a OEM of daeil.

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

• SRC Member

I been using the daeil 1/3hp DBM-250 , all i can say it a good chiller , low noise,fast chilling and it come with 1 year on site warrenty and arctica is a OEM of daeil.

What is the size of ur tank and sump anyway?

• SRC Member

Bro monsterz1975,

But what's ur lighting used? And yeah, the cut in and out time for the chiller?

Looks quite inadequate if u asked me for a 6x2.5x2.5..... Does it 'on' most of the time?

And yeah, what's the damage like to ur elec bill?

• SRC Member

Wow, you can use a 1/3hp for a 200G or so tank? No lighting on the tank issit? Totally no pumps in the water including streams?

Cos in my 6x2.5x2.5, the 1/2hp Artica is already taking quite a long time to cool down the tank during the hot months.. I dunt think the 1/3hp will be capable to pull down the temp, at least in my case.

• SRC Member
Bro monsterz1975,

But what's ur lighting used? And yeah, the cut in and out time for the chiller?

Looks quite inadequate if u asked me for a 6x2.5x2.5..... Does it 'on' most of the time?

And yeah, what's the damage like to ur elec bill?

Just started out on the 6ft. I am using 3x150w MH.

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

• SRC Member
Wow, you can use a 1/3hp for a 200G or so tank? No lighting on the tank issit? Totally no pumps in the water including streams?

Cos in my 6x2.5x2.5, the 1/2hp Artica is already taking quite a long time to cool down the tank during the hot months.. I dunt think the 1/3hp will be capable to pull down the temp, at least in my case.

Bro Alfaromeo.... wat do u think in my case?

Around 160-200 gallon volume of water w only T5 lights? (210 watts altogether)

All external pumps (220 watts altogether)

What do u reckon Daeil 1/3?

Is the 1/2 commercial model as noisy as it is described out to be? Because I can only put it in the living room...

If really so, Daeil 1/3 seems to be my only choice.... and yeah, no upgrades of light in the future loh

• SRC Member

Bro Alfaromeo.... wat do u think in my case?

Around 160-200 gallon volume of water w only T5 lights? (210 watts altogether)

All external pumps (220 watts altogether)

What do u reckon Daeil 1/3?

Is the 1/2 commercial model as noisy as it is described out to be? Because I can only put it in the living room...

If really so, Daeil 1/3 seems to be my only choice.... and yeah, no upgrades of light in the future loh

The 1/3Hp might be cutting it very close in your case. The water volume is very big. It might have the capacity to slowly pull down the temp but it will take a very long time I believe. Try to go for 1/2hp to be safe. Also you need to tkae note that chillers will slowly lose their efficiency and its better to overspec it in the long run :)