Bwerhala Wreck

yazid

• SRC Member

The scenery from the boat to the cave was pathetic. Dead SPS corals all the way. Nothing really interesting. We were trying to locate the submerge reef. Lester was leading the group. Lester have never been to this dive site before.

We almost give up looking for the submerge reef when suddenly Lester saw one corals out of nowhere. He followed the trail of the lonely corals one after another until we reach the submerge reef.

It was the most beautiful site I have ever seen. A hill full of lively colourful anemone, mushrooms and seafans. A perfect photographic site. Too bad I finish my last film on the cave. There are plenty of seafans growing on the side of the hills. Red and yellow seafans. Nemo on each carpet anemone. Colourful chrismas tree worm on the rocks. Lester pointed to sun corals underneath the crevices and some of the sun corals was opening up. What can I say?

We were lucky to find the submerge reef. The other 2 groups did not find the submerge reef. That was a fantastic dive site.

That was the end of the dive. We have to make our way back to the jetty before 3pm as the low tide will make it impossible to pass through the small river.

The trip was worth it.

• SRC Member

One of the few man made items I saw during this dive trip is abandon bubu. (A fish trap). This thing is a merciless killer. Fish gets trap in them and die. We encounter more than 5 bubu and saw plenty of fishes got trap in them.

Lester and Kelvin always have their cutter handy and cut open the wire to free up the fishes trap inside. One of the common fish frequently trapped inside the bubu is the big pufferfish. Well done guys! Next time, I'll bring my own cutter.

This is what a bubu looks like.

post-12-1063515468.jpg

• SRC Member

well done yazid.. your narration makes me gian and make me wanna go there.. ok.. i will be there soon.. :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
wow.. nice bikini yazid.. hehehe... really nice pics buddy! i'm so jealous... hehe

Bob, when are you going diving again? Let's plan for it.

I'm too eager to go. Monsoon coming. So Malaysia is out till next year.

You guys thinking of going to Thailand to dive?

• SRC Member

we just came back from perhentian for the project aware thingy.. i think u know.. mi sinn budi and norman went..

we missed u man... i wanna dive again! thinking of getting basic equipment first, mask snorkel n stuff... i got exams and attachment... so i could be out this whole year.. but whenever possible i try my best to go... jus inform me few weeks in advance...

• SRC Member

Bob,

Know if Budi interested in my 3mm shorties. I think it should fit him. Size L. Brand is Body Gloves. Used for one trip only. Still looks new. Selling cheap.

I'm getting a long wetsuit.